| || |
|View Profile: ShirazBop |
| || |
Last Activity: Today 04:51 PM
- Ampeg Club#73,
- Christian Bassist #58, Fender P5 Club,
- Black 'n' Maple #41, Fender Fretless #5,
- Fender Precisions #42, Fender Jazz(V) #340-2
|Forum Info ||Contact Info |
| || |
|Additional Information ||Group Memberships |
- Date of Birth:
- April 2nd
- Greensboro, NC
- Current Setup:
- 2011 Fender Precision V, Candy Cola Red, Maple neck, stock...1st 5 string purchased (thank you Doug Parent for the prompting to the effect of "P bass players, this is the 5 string for you!"
FS: 2012 Fender American Standard Jazz V, Candy Cola Red, Maple neck, stock... 2nd 5 string purchased,..coincidentally from Doug Parent...
2012 Fender Precision V, Olympic White, Rosewood, Tort, stock... 3rd 5 string purchased
1977 Fender Precision, de-fretted Black n' Maple: added Pyramid Guitars of Detroit humbucker in bridge position, frets pulled and filled with epoxy by Pyramid as well. GOTOH top loader bridge (replaced a BadASS 1 that was on there before).Major Growl and Bell toned sustain, heavy instrument, probably Northern Ash.
Spirit by Steinberger 4 string headless wonder...travel bass... residing in Dallas when I travel there...
Ampeg Portabass PB250 (2), PortaBass PB112H and PB212H cabinets
Sadowsky external DI
Boss TU-2, Korg, Seiko tuners
Sadowsky Blues (med gauge nickels)
Comfort Strapp (short)
SKB and Fender ATA cases
ShirazBop-#340 Fender, Jazz Bass club, #350 mediocre bassist club, #190 Official Fender Precision club, #40 Aguilar Club, #26 Old Basstards, #47 Fretless Club, 5 String #569
- Previously owned gear:
- 2013 sell off: Major reduction in the 4 string arsenal:
MXR Phase 90
Ampeg SVT DI Tube injection box
1999 Fender MIA Standard Precision, Rosewood board Ash Natural, tort guard, Bill Lawrence P-46 pickups, +8.5 lbs light, 1.625" shallow C neck. GOTOH 28:1 vintage style tuners, GOTOH string through bridge. (Longest owning besides my Black and Maple Fretless.)
Precision spec bass: Fender Fiesta Red MIM '50 body, Warmoth shaped down maple/maple neck, tung oiled back, GOTOH 28:1 vintage tuners, GOTOH 201 top loader bridge, Bill Lawrence P-46 and J-45L in bridge position: configuring with a blade 3-way switch (Tony Franklin style)
Dakota Red/White guarded Warmoth '72 Precision P/J configured 3-way blade / Vol / Tone... Beautiful flamed rosewood board Fender Japanese Squire neck (thanks Eric). Currently loaded with Seymor Duncan SPB-2 and Hot Stack JB, GOTOH top loader. ~8.4 lbs light.
Original Mid 80's Fender MIJ Precision: Oly White, Beautiful Rosewood board, Tort guarded . ~8.4 lbs light.
Original Late 80's Fender MIJ Precision: Black 'n Maple, White guarded Precision. Great neck. ~8 lbs light. Picked up an extra non-original black pick guard for her.
2008 Fender MIA Precision, 3T burst, maple neck. Seymour Duncan 1/4 Lb'er, black pick guard, otherwise stock. Acquired through even up trade for my CIJ '51 Re-Issue. 8.05 lbs light.
Fender / Warmoth Black and Maple Standard Jazz: MIM Fender Black body, Warmoth flame maple/flame maple neck. GOTOH top loader bridge, Bill Lawrence pickups. Stacked Vol/Tone configuring. 10.45 lbs.
2006 Fender CIJ '51 re-issue, 2T burst Swamp ash, Maple board, modified with 4 saddle string through bridge, SD 1/4 pounder PUP. +8 lbs light, wonderful neck: 1.625" but fuller front to back then the MIA P (traded for the 2008 MIA Precision)
MIA Fender Jaco Artist Series (decided I'm really a P-Bass guy...vintage de-fretted Precision serves the "mwah" need...) Regret selling this one...
CIJ Jaco Fretless Jazz reissue
'74 Fender Musicmaster (1st bass, why did I sell this???
'74 Fender P rosewood board, Ash Natural, stock....replaced with the '99...still wish I hadn't sold this one... ;^(
Custom Fretless built around an original '79 roswood unlined P bass fretless neck, Bubinga topped alder body P-Bass, SD 1/4 lb PUP, single stack knob (vol/tone) control to maximize "woodage". GOTOH 201 bridge
Custom Maple figured on Alder body, Warmoth Ebony board Necked Jazz (SD 1/4 pups, All Parts
high mass string through bridge, Schaller tuners)
Aguilar DB112 boss tweed cabinets Thunderfunk TFB 550B (more amp then I really needed or could justify... scaling down a bit...)
Genz Benz Neo-Pak 3.5 (w/2 ohm conversion)
Ampeg PB-800 amp, Ampeg PB 210 H, PB 212 H, PB 110 H speakers (Thunderfunk replaced)
Ampeg BA115HP (good tone, hernia inflictor)
Acoustic 220 (vintage rig)
JBL-K145 15" drivers in a SUNN 215B Cab
Sunn Concert Bass 200W
Fender Musicmaster Bass amp (1st rig)
- G.A.S. List:
- Was paired down considerably and really not "needed" anything ...until... I got each of a Maple board and Rosewood board P5, and a Maple board Jazz V,... Would love a Fretless Fender P/J V but they don't make one,...yet...
- Gigs, Bands, & Ensembles:
- Formerly: Lovers Lane United Methodist Church, Crosswalk, }Inside Out} Youth & Celebrate Recovery Contemporary Christian Worship. In Minneapolis: Prairie Lutheran (Summer) and Oak Hills Church (AG), Currently supporting the Praise Team at Cornerstone Baptist Church here in Greensboro, NC. God is Good!
- Influences and Teachers:
- Jaco P, J. Berlin, S. Clarke, R. Armstrong, B. Oakley, W. Bascomb, C. Squire, Lee (Will and Geddy), Dave Holland, Percy Jones, P. Chambers, M. Egan, G. Willis, Monk, Miles, Coltrane, FZ, Dave Douglas, Jason Moran, Jeff Beck, Allan Holdsworth: Teachers: Jay Delany, Phil McNeese, CKLW radio in the '60's...
- Favorite Genres:
- Christian, Fusion, Jazz, Rock, Country, Blues, Motown
- Other Hobbies & Interests:
- Abiding in Christ Jesus, raising my Daughters, Witnessing to others, staying healthy.
ShirazBop is not a member of any public groups