| || || |
| || |
|View Profile: bopeuph |
| || |
Last Activity: 09-05-2013 08:24 PM
|Forum Info ||Contact Info |
| || |
|bopeuph has no contact information. |
|Additional Information ||Group Memberships |
- Melbourne, FL (Orlando area)
- Current Setup:
1945 Kay M-1 upright bass
D'addario Helicore Hybrids
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass
Epiphone EB-4 (currently getting an EMG setup, and I might turn it into a tenor bass)
Polytone Mini Brute III
BBE 383 preamp
EAW 15" sub
Other pieces to note:
Samson S-Direct SD100
Boss FV-50H volume pedal
MIDI Man Stereo Mixer
- Influences and Teachers:
- Charles Mingus, Paul Chambers, and Ray Brown for upright. For electric, Jaco Pastorius, Larry Graham, and Victor Wooten.
My teachers so far have been Rodney Jordan, Ricky Ravello, and Dennis Marks. All three of these guys are phenomenal bassists and have been my primary inspiration on the bass. I also studied classically with Rick Desgrange for a while (Principal bassist with the Brevard Symphony).
Currently, I study occasionally with David Pastorius on electric.
But lately, my teachers have been the greats; I've been listening much more lately. I'm listening more to the guys leading in the bass world right now; mostly Vic and Marcus Miller on slab and Christian McBride, Miroslav Vitous, Stanley Clarke, and John Patitucci on upright.
- Other Hobbies & Interests:
- Other musical instruments
- Available for instruction:
- Areas of Instruction::
- Double Bass (Jazz), Bass Guitar
- Teaching Credentials:
- I've been teaching for the last five years or so, while I was going through college. I now have a BM in Jazz Studies on bass, with a Performer's Certificate on low brass.
bopeuph is not a member of any public groups
All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:55 AM.