- Toronto, ON, Canada
- Current Setup:
- - 2011 Warwick Rockbass Streamer LX with Hipshot detuner and DR Nickel Lo riders .045 - .105
- 2011 Warwick Rockbass Corvette Passive - Fretless with Ken Smith Compressors (.096 - .040)
- Basses are plugged into an Tech 21 Sansamp RPM, Crown XLS 1000 and then into a GK 410MBE
- Previously owned gear:
- - Stagg Jazz Copy - worst bass I will ever play period. Too many issues to list.
- Squier VM Fretless Jazz neck (lined) - fretlines were raised above fingerboard and required re-levelling.
- MXR M108 10 band Graphic EQ - Great, but tedious when adjusting EQ in between songs.
- ISP Decimator Noise Reduction Pedal - only works when not playing, made hum more annoying.
- ART Tube MP - great unit! Just didn't need it anymore
- VT Bass Deluxe - too clanky for me. Also there should be some master gain, because IMO it needs a preamp (like the ART) to get a good signal for poweramps if you want clean settings, or even if you have clean and dirty and lower the level on the dirty to match the clean.
- 2000 American Series Precision Bass. A great bass, superb quality, and tone. Felt too clunky for me though after I got my slim neck Warwicks
- Mighty Mite unlined ebonol neck. Great quality. Nut needed to be filed down further though, and when the ebonol finally scratched, there were white scratches which were hideous to me, so I'd only use tapes on it - This is true with all ebonol boards though, like the Squier VM lined fretless neck I had. The strength was great though. I only had to adjust the truss rod after switching to a different set of strings, no seasonal adjustments, which has been a big issue with me and other necks in my current home.
- G.A.S. List:
- 1) 5-String fretted Warwick Thumb Neckthrough
2) 5-String fretless Warwick Alien.
- Gigs, Bands, & Ensembles:
- Fretless #805
- Influences and Teachers:
- Pink Floyd, Motown (Jamerson), Nathan East, Rush, Led Zeppelin, the Beatles, Jamiroquai, Jaco, Ray Brown, Esperanza Spalding, Tool, Metallica.
- Favorite Genres:
- Rock, Blues, Jazz, and Funk
- Other Hobbies & Interests:
Matthew_84 is not a member of any public groups