| || |
|View Profile: Count Bassie |
| || |
Last Activity: Today 08:00 AM
|"Whatever we do, it is what it is, and we do it." |
|Forum Info ||Contact Info |
| || |
|Additional Information ||Group Memberships |
- Smithfield, RI
- Current Setup:
Squire "Parts" P-Bass;
Hamer Cruisebass ('83- thanks Brett7276!);
Squier Jazz-V, Ebonol 'board;
Czech plywood 3/4-scale upright...
Ampeg SVP-Pro/Crown XLS-402;
Ampeg 210 (cabinet from Ampeg 210-HP combo)
Little red A/B/Y box;
Dogtone Bass Fuzz;
EHX DeLuxe Electric Mistress;
- Previously owned gear:
- SWR Goliath II cab; Henry the 8x8; Acoustic 370/301; Trace Elliot AH 200 GP-11, 200GP7SM, 250GP12SMX; Trace Elliot cabs; Guild/Hartke 410, Rickie basses, Peavey TNT-100, Ampeg V4B, Crest CA9, FA901, Peavey 8.5-C, Carvin Pro-Bass 200, Kustom 215 cab, Fender Jazz (a couple over the years), Fender P-Bass, Gibson EB-0, Hamer Cruisebass (first series).
- G.A.S. List:
- 1)8-string touch-board bass; 2) 4001s Rickenbacker bass; 3) MM Stingray or Sabre; 4) Wishbass fretless; 5) Old SVT head; 6) Alembic Series-I or Distillate, Midnight Blue or Walnut top, 32" scale
- Gigs, Bands, & Ensembles:
- "Novera", Portuguese GB and pop/dance; "The Millrats", country; "The Same", punk/prog.
- Influences and Teachers:
- John Paul-Jones; Stanley Clark; Chris Squire; Jack Bruce; Wally Voss (Ft Lauderdale scene, 80s); Ray Harris (Miami scene, 80s); John Neves (Berklee); Boz Burrel; John Entwhistle; Phil Lynott; Marco Pettit (Miami scene, 80s); Cisco (Miami reggae scene, 90s); Glenn Quader (Miami, 90s); Lance McGough (Miami, 90s); Richard Price; John Florence (Plan 9);
- Favorite Genres:
- Ragged fusion, funk, rock. Just ragged...
- Other Hobbies & Interests:
- Education, theater, carpentery.
- Available for instruction:
- Rhode Island
- Areas of Instruction::
- Bass Guitar
- Teaching Credentials:
- Did time at Berklee College in Boston, where I learned the basics of harmony and theory. I've been playing for 3o+ years, and have experience in rock, jazz, reggae, and lots of sub-genres.
I taught for a year and a half at Ross Music in Warwick, RI, and have done stints as a private teacher- even traveling to homes for lessons.
I'm only offering as a convenience to those in my locality- I don't actively teach at present, but would consider it again as a part-time gig.
I currently gig on
Count Bassie is not a member of any public groups