- owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
- PDX, OR
- Current Setup:
--the "Surfinbacker": a '70s Electra Ric 4001 copy, refinished surf green & converted to 5-string.
--Lindert Locomotive VI-T baritone/BassVI
GK MB500, Genz Neox 212T, H&K Blues Master, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner, DOD FX25, BJFE Blueberry, Fuchs Plush Valve Job (modded for bass), Robot Factory custom dual-LFO tremolo, EXAR Moby Dick chorus, [sfx] Thumpinator, Focusrite ISA One, and a variety of compressors.
- Previously owned gear:
- I've bought and sold an embarrassingly large amount of gear over the years. Particularly preamps, compressors (of course), and pedals of all kinds.
- Gigs, Bands, & Ensembles:
- I'm really more of a researcher and aspiring engineer that happens to love bass, rather than a bassist per se. From 1985 to about 1995 I played synthesizer and home-made instruments, either solo or in obscure noise bands. From 1995 to about 2006 I devoted myself to Afro-Cuban style percussion, such as bongos and congas. As a percussionist I performed with East Bay Ray (ex Dead Kennedys), Bill Spooner (ex The Tubes), and Ward Abronski (Polkacide, ex Flipper) among others. That was until school and home life took over.
- Influences and Teachers:
- Cachao Lopez, Robbie Shakespeare, Geezer Butler, Lucky Scott, James Jamerson, Pino Palladino, Paul Jackson, Bobby Valentin, Ron Carter, Bobby Rodriguez, Bosco Mann, Bootsy!
bongomania is not a member of any public groups