- New York, NY
- Current Setup:
Squier VMJ5 (Quilted maple body)
Fender MIM Precision ~2001
Fender MIM Jazz ~2002
EBMM SR5HH (for sale)
Upton Hawkes DB ~2006
Genz Benz GB750
Dr. Bass BL-115
Dr. Bass RX112
Nemesis by Eden NC200
- Previously owned gear:
- Lakland Skyline 55-60, Stambaugh custom 5 string, Ibanez S370DX guitar, Carvin B4, Galveston 6 string bass, Fender Jazz V Deluxe, Fender MIM Jazz, Conklin GT4, Roscoe SKB3005, SWR Bass 350, 2008 Jazz V MIA
- G.A.S. List:
- A nice old carved double bass, a 1000 watt rig with 8x10 cab that floats and doesn't take up any room.
- Gigs, Bands, & Ensembles:
- Solo artist, Air For Ants, Chris Fury, Creighton Fraker, Weird Science, Neighborhood Church NYC, The Bliss Jockeys, Air For Ants, Teacher, Arranger, Transcriber
- Influences and Teachers:
- Bass players: John Patitucci, Neil Hay, Wayne MacKenzi, Joe Puerta, Geddy Lee, Eddie Jackson, Trip Wamsley, John Saich, Oscar Stagnaro, Dave Holland, Scott LaFaro, NHOP, Jeremy McDonald, Dan Carpel, Ric Fierabracci, Eddie Gomez, Bruce Gertz
In general: The Yellowjackets, Bruce Hornsby, Capercaillie, Julie Fowlis, Mike Katz, Adam Holdaway, Wolfstone, Anton Bruckner, Will Kennedy, Walter Beasely, The Rippingtons, Joe Zawinul, Wayne Shorter, and others.
- Favorite Genres:
- Bluegrass, Celtic, World, New Age, Ambient, Classical, Jazz
- Other Hobbies & Interests:
- Starcraft: Brood War, old school PC gaming, movies, sci fi, Boston Bruins, etc.
- Available for instruction:
- New York City
- Areas of Instruction::
- Double Bass (Jazz), Bass Guitar
- Teaching Credentials:
- BM, Berklee College Of Music.
Studied with some big names, have a bunch of experience, know more theory than is good for me, chops, blah blah blah. Lessons in person in NYC or via Skype. I'm a wicked chill teacher.
Snarf is not a member of any public groups