- New York, NY
- Current Setup:
Carvin SB5000 - chambered, alder, rosewood
Squier VMJ5 (Quilted maple body)
Fender MIM Precision ~2001
Fender MIM Jazz ~2002
Upton Hawkes DB ~2006
Genz Benz GB750
Dr. Bass BL-115
Dr. Bass RX112
Nemesis by Eden NC200
- Previously owned gear:
- EBMM SR5HH, Lakland Skyline 55-60, Stambaugh custom 5 string, Ibanez S370DX guitar, Carvin B4, Galveston 6 string bass, Fender Jazz V Deluxe, Fender MIM Jazz, Conklin GT4, Roscoe SKB3005, SWR Bass 350, 2008 Jazz V MIA
- G.A.S. List:
- A nice old carved double bass, a 1000 watt rig with 8x10 cab that floats and doesn't take up any room.
Realistically: would love a little Aguilar rig.
- Gigs, Bands, & Ensembles:
- Solo artist and freelance. Air For Ants, Katelyn Richards, Mike Machaby, Journey Church, Gin Fizz, and a dozen others. Teacher, writer, arranger.
- Influences and Teachers:
- Bass players: John Patitucci, Neil Hay, Wayne MacKenzi, Joe Puerta, Geddy Lee, Eddie Jackson, Trip Wamsley, John Saich, Oscar Stagnaro, Dave Holland, Scott LaFaro, NHOP, Tony Levin, James Jamerson, Lee Sklar, Ric Fierabracci, Eddie Gomez, Bruce Gertz.
- Favorite Genres:
- Jazz of any variety that doesn't suck, Celtic, Bluegrass, Classical, 70's-80's Rock
- Other Hobbies & Interests:
- Starcraft: Brood War, old school PC gaming, movies, sci fi, Boston Bruins, etc.
- Available for instruction:
- New York City
- Areas of Instruction::
- Double Bass (Jazz), Bass Guitar
- Teaching Credentials:
- BM, Berklee College Of Music.
Studied with some big names, have a bunch of experience, know more theory than is good for me, etc etc. I address all aspects of playing with my students, from arpeggio and scale knowledge to group dynamics and tone production. It's important to me that my students become complete players.
Snarf is not a member of any public groups