- Date of Birth:
- March 24th, 1968
- London, UK
- Current Setup:
- 1) 1938 King Mortone #1114
2) 1938 Kay M-2 #2806
3) 1960s B+H Excelsior blonde ply
4) 1967 Kay S-9 #55292.
5) Butchered 1968 Ormston Burns EUB.
Underwood, Bass-max, Golden trinity, Guts, Innovation Sliverslaps/Psychoslaps/Braided Solos, LRBaggs Mixpro blender pre-amp, Fishman Pro Platinum preamp, Ashdown ABM300, Ashdown MAG410.
- Gigs, Bands, & Ensembles:
- Jump-66, Big Al & the Fireflys, Johnny & the Zephyrs
- Influences and Teachers:
- Slap 'billy originally (Mark Carew, Steve Whitehouse), then jazz (Mingus, Chambers), trip-hop and ambient electronica (Ali Friend). Recently back to 40s/50s swing, jive and jump blues - Willie Dixon, Beau Sample, Nuno Alexandre, Marty Eggers.
Dixon, Hinton, Al Gare...
- Favorite Genres:
- Jump boogie blues, jive, r&b, stomping jazz, gyspsy
PaulKing is not a member of any public groups