- Current Setup:
- 1956 Juzek labeled bass, ca. 1910 Bohemian labeled bass, Fender Jazz Bass and Ed Reynolds Fretless PJ, Lakland USA 5 string fretted and fretless (endorsing artist), EA Doubler, Eden WT300, SWR Workingmans 10 & 12. Arnopol 15 Cab, Gauss 12" Cab, Schertler Stat B, Stat Pre and Pre A-II, Fishman Para DI
- Previously owned gear:
- Walter Woods, Alembic 2B, Underwood, Realist, Fishman Pro Platinum, Bryston 3B, GK 400RB, Yorkville Blok 50, Polytone Minibrute lV, Dan Armstrong '60's lucite, Zon Legacy bass, 65 Fender P bass
- Gigs, Bands, & Ensembles:
- Eric Hochberg Trio, Eric Hochberg Orchestra, "3", Chevere, tours with the Kurt Elling Quartet, Lyle Mays Quartet, Paul Wertico Trio, Terry Callier and Beyond and others.
- Influences and Teachers:
- Paul Chambers, Jimmy Garrison, Cecil McBee, Charlie Haden, Dave Holland, Francois Rabbath, Edgar Meyer, Fred Hopkins, Malachi Favors, Ron Carter, Jaco, Larry Graham and all the other great players I've seen and heard.
- Available for instruction:
- Chicago area
- Areas of Instruction::
- Double Bass (Jazz), Bass Guitar
- Teaching Credentials:
- Artist Instructor Jazz Bass - Chicago College of Performing Arts/Roosevelt University, Instructor- Merit School of Music. Professional performer and studio bassist for 35 years and have had private students for much of that time.
Eric Hochberg is not a member of any public groups