- Date of Birth:
- October 20th, 1968
- Endorsing Artist: GullanskyLab pickups
- Bologna, Italy, Europe
- Current Setup:
- Anonymous bohemian bass (late XIX century), Etek condenser mic, GullanskyLab AES piezo pu, GullanskyLab Notturno piezo pu, old Underwood piezo pu;
3-strings bassetto di viola from Romania;
Electric upright, anonymous and very cheap (made in China, I think)
'91 Fender J MIM (modded); Squier J cv60 (heavily modded); Ibanez srx355 (5-strings); '87 Ibanez 2940 fretless; '85 Ibanez rb850; Danelectro Longhorn (1999 reissue); Squier P cv60;
Gallien-Krueger MB500 + GK Neo 112; Gallien-Krueger MB150; almost no fx's...
- Previously owned gear:
- Peavey and Polytone amps, Rickenbacker 4003, Hohner (Steinberger-like), '80's MIA J...
- G.A.S. List:
- Too much stuff! Or maybe none, there's always something new hidden in your old gear...
- Gigs, Bands, & Ensembles:
- jazz, tango, funk, folklore, early baroque, MPB; sometimes pop; check on http://www.myspace.com/massimodestephanis
- Influences and Teachers:
- James Jamerson, Gary Peacock, George Porter jr, Jaco Pastorius, Ray Brown, Scott LaFaro, Jerry Jemmott, Kicho Diaz, Steve Swallow (both ub & bg), Charlie Haden, and a lot more of them...
- Favorite Genres:
- jazz, classical, baroque, soul, tango, adult-pop, etc
- Other Hobbies & Interests:
- cinema, history, cooking
- Available for instruction:
- Emilia-Romagna, Italy
- Areas of Instruction::
- Double Bass (Classical), Double Bass (Jazz), Bass Guitar
- Teaching Credentials:
- Conservatory (BA in Double bass, BA and Master in Jazz); University (BA in Musicology);
long time teacher at all levels (Classical theory, Jazz harmony, Jazz arranging, big band, instrument of course);
deste is not a member of any public groups