- Central CA Coast
- Current Setup:
- 74 PBass fretless, Renaissance RB-4, fretless, '00 MIM J, '84 Ric 4003, POS upright, decent cello, various acoustic guitars, assorted tube and solid state amps (mostly GK, old Fender heads, Peavey), various spkr cab configurations
- Previously owned gear:
- Kay M5 upright, Silvertone/Danelectro 60s vintage single cutaway short scale, Fender Vibrochamp, Fender Showman, GK400RB, GK800RB, Crown D-150A, Furman PQ-3, Standel 2-15s, Fender Bassman, more Peavey's than I can remember, homebuilt ss amps and preamps, tons of DIY cabs using JBLs, EVs, PVs, and whatever else was w/in reach.
- G.A.S. List:
- A decent carved/hybrid upright, fEARFUL, SVT, B15, V4B
- Gigs, Bands, & Ensembles:
- Artemesia Black, Guilded Splinters, a lot of subbing...
- Influences and Teachers:
- Jack Bruce, Rocco, Chris Squire, Danny Thompson, Eberhard Weber, Jaco, Jamerson, Reggie Workman, Ron Carter, Berry Oakley, Mick Karn, JPJ, Tony Levin, lots of others
- Favorite Genres:
- I subscribe to the Ellington Principle ("...there's two kinds of music....")
- Other Hobbies & Interests:
- designing and building music gear, cooking
dhsierra1 is not a member of any public groups