- Louisville, KY
- Current Setup:
- New Standard LaScala hybrid (main axe); New Standard LaScala ply (office/teaching bass); Thomastic Dominant strings, Full Circle PU; Phil Jones Super Flightcase 300; Acoustic image Focus 3; Ea Wizzy 10; 1937 Baldwin 6'3" grand.
- Previously owned gear:
- EA VL 208 and/or VL108 cabs; EA iamp800, CXL112, Bergantino HT112, K&K Pickups & mic, Gage Realist, Gallien Krueger 400RB, Bag End 1x15, Peavy 210 TX, Polytone Minibrute 1x12;
- G.A.S. List:
- Gigs, Bands, & Ensembles:
- Playing regularly with Harry Pickens Trio, Nachbar Trio, Carly Johnson Quartet. Have played with Eric Alexander, Lynne Arriale, Don Braden, Sonny Fortune, Antonio Hart, Ari Hoening, Lee Konitz, Andy Laverne, Dave Liebman, Jean-Michel Pilc, Richard Stolzman.
- Influences and Teachers:
- Influences - Bill Evans, Kenny Barron, Fred Hersch, Red Mitchell, Keith Jarrett, Christian McBride, Gary Peacock, Buster Williams, Ray Brown, Drew Gress, Avishai Cohen, Scott Colley, Frank Morgan, David Gilmour, Bonnie Raitt.
- Favorite Genres:
- It's all music
- Other Hobbies & Interests:
- Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Shaolin Kempo, reading
- Available for instruction:
- University of Louisville only
- Areas of Instruction::
- Double Bass (Jazz)
- Teaching Credentials:
- BM, MM in theory/composition, University of Louisville. Professor of jazz bass, theory, and jazz theory at the University of Louisville school of music. Faculty member of the Aebersold Summer Jazz Workshops since 1996.
Chris Fitzgerald is not a member of any public groups