- Burlington, Vt.
- Current Setup:
'07 G&L SB-2, 3T w/ebony (to replace the one that got away)
'71 LPB Jazz w/Moon Blackbird preamp
'61 Precision bass, stock, w/fiesta red pro refin.
'63 jazz bass, 3T, all original, very worn
Warmoth/Florence frankenfretless jazz w/Bart pre, LP's
'80 G&L L1000, #B0013XX
'98 Moon JB5 Burgundy Mist 5-string (for sale)
late '90's Yamaha BBN5A in dark teal w/gold hdwr
'01 G&L JB-2, NAMM show intro model, trans. white ash, mint
Steinberger Spirit 5 strg
Gibson '68 EB-2, near mint
Danelectro Hodad, 3-pickup marvel
Danelectro "Dolphin" '63 Silvertone
Eminence EUB, #14
1930's era Mittenwald carved upright
GK MB Fusion 500
Eden WT-400 (Nordschow-upgraded),
Jack Read custom preamp,
Stewart World 1.6 power amp,
2 X Aguilar DB 112's,
'76 Ampeg V4B + 4X12 V4 cab (now a 2X12),
Dave Hall Mark III OD pedal
Tubeworks 4001 Tube DI
Various rack units
ART stereo tube compressor
'80's era TOA 3-way cabs rebuilt w/Eminence neos
2-JBL EON passives
2 Carvin 15" monitors
- Previously owned gear:
- Let's see:
Kingston '60's P-copy
Vox "Panther" bass
Vox Bill Wyman teardrop bass
'64 Fender Jazz black
'64 Fender Jazz 3T SB
'62 Fender Precision Oly White
'70 Conrad fretless J-copy
Carvin fretless 4
G&L '89 SB-2 "Leo" model (the one that got away)
'91 Modulus M91 5 strg.
G&L '87 L-2000 "Hog"
Hamer '96 Cruise bass w/2-Tek
G&L '98 L-2500 3T SB
'95 Fender Jazz 5-strg.
'72 Rick 4003
Sting Ray 5
Jerry Jones 6-string tic-tac bass
'98 Am. Std. Precision
No-name 40 watt w/Jensen 15 (Chicago model)
Standel "stack" 75? watts, 2X15 in 2 boxes, '67 Blackface Fender, earliest solid state Bassman head disaster, V4B folded horn cab monster, Acoustic 220 head w/402 2x15 Altec-Lansing? cab, Acoustic 140 head, Kern IP-77 preamp, Demeter 201 pre, Eden VT-25, Eden VT-40,EA CXL112E, GK400RB, Ampeg 350 SVT, Peavey 410TX's, too many other cabs to even remember them all.
- G.A.S. List:
- Another 20 years of gigging! I think I already have all the bass gear anyone could need or want.
- Gigs, Bands, & Ensembles:
- Jim Branca, Run for Cover / Creme de Blue, Bob Stannard Blues Band, JoMo Blues Band, Left Eye Jump, Dr. Burma, Small Change, Paradise Alley and whoever else calls.
- Influences and Teachers:
- Many, many... let's see: Cassidy, McCartney, Jamerson of course, Rick Danko (especially), Jack Bruce, Osborne & Kay, Shorty Gilbert, Andrew McMahon, Alex Sklareskis (sp? whose video actually taught me how to slap if I ever care to), Bob Moore, Milt Hinton, Dave Holland, and many, many more.
- Favorite Genres:
- Blues, Americana, Pop, Singer-songwriter combos of the foregoing
- Teaching Credentials:
- Over 40 years of pro and semi-pro playing in every conceivable venue, most types of modern music; in over 100 bands and much freelance as well. Spent the '70's playing blues in Chicago w/many of the "Fathers" of the genre. Bio available.
TomB is not a member of any public groups