- Date of Birth:
- September 4th, 1985
- Eugene, OR
- Current Setup:
- Valenti Jazz 4 Banger with Bassline pups, MIM fretless Jazz, 1956(?) Kay upright bass, Peavey TNT 115, Carvin 2x10.
- Previously owned gear:
- MIM P Bass, 55-01 Lakland
- G.A.S. List:
- I would really like to get reason 4.0, A ProTools setup... and
- Gigs, Bands, & Ensembles:
- In my room. Sometimes in front of family
- Influences and Teachers:
- Rocco Prestia (I really dig the muted 16th technique), Jaco (I do muted rakes and the such a lot... I think I picked this up from him), Vik-tah Wooten (Inspired me in life more than on the bass...the man and his family are BEAUTIFUL people), Scott LaFarro (incredibly unique and melodic player), Larry Graham (father of slap funk), and soooo many other bassists. As far as non bassists go- Zappa (the man was the greatest American Composer of the 20th century, and had great band members, check out Tom Fowler on bass!), Shpongle (Some of the most advanced, inspiring and beautiful World music that has ever been created), Shostakovich (one of my favorite composers...) and many jazz groups from the 50's on- most notably the Bill Evans Trio, Charles Mingus (and every band he assembled), Vince Guaraldi, Eric Dolphy, Kieth Jarrett, Oscar Peterson, Bill Frisell (like his work with Dave Holland the best), Zorn, Christian McBride and Sun Ra.
So much more music... but those are the artists I really feel the most inspired by.
- Other Hobbies & Interests:
- learning new things
Hopps is not a member of any public groups