- Sellersburg, IN
- Current Setup:
- Rickenbacker 4001, 1973 FG
2000 Spector NS20004
Squier Vintage Modified '70s Jazz Bass
Squier Vintage Modified '62 Fretless Jazz
1970 Univox 'Lectra Fretless
Behringer BB410 cab
Zoom B2 pedal
Trace Elliot Commando 12 for recording/small gigs
- Previously owned gear:
- I don't sell my gear anymore, as I always wish I hadn't. My brother has a National violin-shaped bass which I am trying to find information about. It's a HUGE bass, with I believe a 36" scale and piezoelectric pickup and sounds great. I recorded with it once when he was feeling generous and I'm dying to know more about it.
However, what I have let go consists of the following:
Yamaha B100 II passed down to my son.
Kasino 480 amplifier (8x10 combo!)
Peavy 15" combo amp (I don't have any photos of it so don't remember)
I sold my Hondo bass after I acquired my Rickenbacker, and then went and bought it back. Other than that and a few odds and ends like pedals, I still have all of the equipment I've ever had.
- G.A.S. List:
- 1980's-era Spector ns4, another Rickenbacker 4001 (or even the 4080!!!), Music Man bass, and moar Squier J-basses (I have a white '60's model I'm interested in).
- Gigs, Bands, & Ensembles:
- Influences and Teachers:
- Paul McCartney, Geddy Lee, Chris Squire, Frank Black/Black Francis, Paul D'Amato, Justin Chancellor, Dick Valentine, Freddie Mercury, Brian May. No those people are not all bassists, and I'm not always a bassist either.
- Favorite Genres:
- Other Hobbies & Interests:
- Martial Arts, Running (to keep my girlish figure), Science Fiction
- Available for instruction:
- Areas of Instruction::
- Bass Guitar
- Teaching Credentials:
- Minor in music with emphasis on double-bass.
maxgrant is not a member of any public groups