- Date of Birth:
- August 21st
- Los Angeles area
- Current Setup:
- Orange Amps AD200 MK3 Bass Head, Divided By 13 TBL 200 Head & 4/12 cabs, Ampeg SVT VR, B15 Portaflex and 65 Amps Custom"Kings Head" Bass Amp.. Tone Bone Head switcher.
Fender Basses and First Act Custom Shop Basses, Moollan Custom Basses, Fugi-gen Basses, Gretsch Basses & Taylor acoustic guitars
- Previously owned gear:
- Eden WT800 series amps, Ampeg SVT vintage and reissues,GK 800 RB
B15 Portalflex, Fender Basses, Spector Basses, Schecter Custom Basses, Music Man, SD Curlee, Warwick as well as any current gear in list..
- G.A.S. List:
- does it ever really end?
- Gigs, Bands, & Ensembles:
- recorded / performed /or toured with ; Nile Rodgers, VH1 "New Visions" Soul, Rock & Jazz house band Bassist, Stewart Copeland "Animal Logic", Lou Gramm, Bobby Womack, John Wesley Harding, Diane Reeves, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Jimmie Vaughan, "JT" Taylor, Ric Ocasek, N'Dea Davenport, Doyle Bramhall, Civilization, John Waite, Charlie Sexton, Reeves Gabrels, Gary Myrick, Clay Aiken, Kelly Clarkson, Nick Lachey, 98 Degrees, Will Young and currently Avril Lavigne and Lisa Marie Presley among other artists and recording projects...
- Influences and Teachers:
- Mainly ol' skool..
Jamerson, Collins, Graham, The Baltimore based P Funk All Stars, Skeets, D. Chambers, Cordell, The Grainger's,J. Pastorius, Vince Loving, Nile Rodgers, Bernard Edwards, L. Johnson, V. White, JP Jones, Sir Paul, and on... But,
everyone I hear... at least inspires me in one way or another.. good or bad..
Always a student, and professional!
- Favorite Genres:
- Funk, Rock, Soul, Blues.. and creating some new stuff
- Other Hobbies & Interests:
- I'm a peacemaker! but I also love really long walks, especially when taken by someone who annoys me
- Available for instruction:
- LA area
- Areas of Instruction::
- Bass Guitar
- Teaching Credentials:
- Frederick Douglass High School Music & Arts program,
Peabody Conservatory of Music, Johns Hopkins University Music Scholarship program,
Yankton Conservatory of Music Vocal & Music Program, and the real world of Studio recording and touring the World several times over of which I am grateful.
Al Berry is not a member of any public groups