- Current Setup:
* Roscoe LG 3000 #5742 (Jan 2008), swamp ash body, ebony sapwood top, maple purpleheart neck with walnut streamers, graphite nut, 24-fret ebony fretboard, angled Bartolini pickups, 18v 3-band Bartolini preamp, black hardware, black Dunlop StrapLoks (purchased from Atlanta Bass Gallery, 2011).
* Fender American Standard Fretless Jazz #N9416795 (~1999-2000), turquoise (greenish-blue, ?Ocean Turquoise Metallic?), rosewood board, tortoise shell pick guard, chrome Dunlop StrapLoks, Bartolini 9J1 Jazz bass hum-cancelling pickups (purchased used via TB, 2013).
* Fender Standard Jazz MIM #MX11068716 (2011), Candy Cola red body, maple fretboard, tortoise shell pick guard, chrome Dunlop StrapLoks (purchased new, Steve's Music, Feb 2013).
* D'Addario EX170 nickel roundwound (45-65-80-100)
* Markbass Micromark 801 50W 1x8 Bass Combo Amp (purchased new, GC, 9/13)
* Markbass Club 102 400W 8 ohm 2x10 cabinet (purchased used, CraigsList)
* Peavey 120 Basic practice combo bass amp
* Peavey MAX 126 practice combo bass amp
- Previously owned gear:
- EBMM SR 5 H, 5 HH
EBMM Sterling 4 fretless
Sadowsky Metro RS4 (amazing bass, shouldn't have sold it)
Fodera Empire NYC fretless 4 string
Fender Jazz ~1976, red, maple board with pearloid block inlays & white binding… sold it when I was an idiot teenager.
Roscoe LG3005: fantastic bass, preferred one with Bartolini pickups...
- G.A.S. List:
- I'm pining for that doohickie that makes my fingers play what I hear in my head. If you have one in good condition, please contact me.
- Gigs, Bands, & Ensembles:
- Melodious Funk (jazz/blues/fusion), Loco Baka (progressive world jazz), Fujahtive (reggae, 1985-1988)
- Influences and Teachers:
* Bruce Gertz: KGB Trio
* Jimmy Haslip: Yellowjackets, Jing Chi, Allan Holdsworth Group, Renegade Creation, Jeff Lorber Fusion
* George Koller (?late 1980s?): Shuffle Demons
- Favorite Genres:
- Other Hobbies & Interests:
- photography, fitness
Asher S is not a member of any public groups