- Date of Birth:
- June 29th
- San Francisco Bay Area
- Current Setup:
- Fully Carved Hungarian Doublebass circa 199~ (w/violin corners, 7/8 size)-Velvet Anima E & A, D & Oliv G..
1953 Kay C1 Plywood String Bass (considering selling)- Oliv/Obligato combination on presently
$340 Finale Carbon Bow (From String Emporium)
Fishman Full Circle (on the Hungarian)
David Gage Realist Pickup
EA Micro 300 & (2) Wizzy 10" Speaker
AI Clarus 1 Series 3
Headway EDB-1 Preamp
DPA 4099/DAD 6001 w/Violin Clip
UB $100 German Bow (retired)
2008 Sadowsky NYC Vintage 5 String P/J (Custom Walnut Finish, Black/White/Black PG, Birdseye Maple Fingerboard)
2001 Sadowsky NYC Vintage 4 String (Shoreline Gold w/Pearloid PG)
2008~ Zon Sonus Special Fretless 5 String
SWR Baby (Electric) Blue Head & Baby Blue Monitor 2x8 Extension Speaker (1st Generation)- Both for practice at home
(2) Aguilar GS-112
Genz-Benz 6.0 Amp- "main electric amp for gigs-very happy with it"
Sadowsky Stomp Box Preamp/DI (2nd Generation)
Akai Deep Impact Synth Bass Pedal
MarkBass Super Synth
(and a myriad of other pedals)
- Previously owned gear:
- Gamut Gut Lyon G, and Pistoy D Strings (still in reserve waiting for a come back on my bass)
Alembic F1-X Pre-Amp
Zon 5 String Fretless Legacy Elite w/Bubinga top
Zon 6 String Sonus Custom w/piezo bridge and Walnut top
1995 Zon Sonus Custom 4 w/Lacewood top
199~ Guild B30 ABG
SWR Redhead 210 Combo (donated to a worthy cause)
SWR Bass 750 Amplifier
SWR Goliath 6x10 Speaker Enclosure
Underwood Double Bass Pickups
1967 Guild Starfire IV (Hollowbody)
2005 Fender Fretless Jazz 4 string (Mexican Made)
- G.A.S. List:
- Some really nice Double Bass if and when I am ready to upgrade- Possibly a La Scala Fully Carved.
Sadowsky NYC 5 String Fretless
Aguilar DB 751 and DB 810 in Chocolate Thunder (Only when I "really" need it for big stages though)
- Gigs, Bands, & Ensembles:
- (Freelance), Oona, Matt Langlois, AC LION- Venues include- The Independent-SF, SLIM's, Bottom of the Hill, Cafe Du Nord, Red Devil Lounge, Yoshi's Oakland & Yoshi's SF, Jazzschool, Mezzanine-SF, Boom Boom Room, Viper Room, Spaceland etc.
- Influences and Teachers:
Jazzschool Institute Faculty, and-
(Presently) Glenn Richman, Andrew Emer, Marc VW, David Belove - (DB &/or EB), John Gove (Ear Training/Piano/Theory),
(Previously) Kai Eckhardt (Clinics and Correspondence), Chris Solberg, , Michael Wilcox
Inspiration (Electric): James Jamerson, John Paul Jones, Paul McCartney, Roscoe Beck, Doug Lunn, Jaco Pastorius (of course), Pino Palladino, Paul Jackson, Me'Shell Ndgeocello
Inspiration (Acoustic): Paul Chambers, Jymie Merritt, Reggie Workman, Ray Brown, Sam Jones, Oscar Pettiford, Scott Lafaro, Buster Williams, Christian McBride, Steve Rodby, John Patitucci, Larry Grenadier, etc. etc.
Inspiration (in general): Duke Ellington, John Lennon, Miles Davis, David Sylvian, Django Reinhardt, Jeff Buckley, Thelonious Monk, Brian Blade, Radiohead, Brad Mehldau, Nick Drake, Bill Withers, Bach, Beethoven and on, and on...
- Other Hobbies & Interests:
- Wine Collecting, Hiking, Tent Camping
- Areas of Instruction::
- Double Bass (Jazz), Bass Guitar
- Teaching Credentials:
- 20 years of performance, touring and recording experience. 5 years on Double Bass. Undergraduate in JI Music Performance Degree/Jazz Studies & UC Jazz Ensembles.
drew_bassmore is not a member of any public groups