| || |
|View Profile: Alvaro Martín Gómez A. |
Alvaro Martín Gómez A.
TalkBass' resident Bongo + cowbell player
| || |
Last Activity: Today 11:06 PM
|Forum Info ||Contact Info |
| || |
|Additional Information ||Group Memberships |
- Date of Birth:
- February 17th, 1967
- Bucaramanga, Colombia, South A
- Current Setup:
- - 2005 Lava Pearl Music Man Bongo 5-string HHP with white ice pickguard.
- 2006 Desert Gold fretless Bongo with same pickup configuration and python pickguard.
- 2006 FireGlo Rickenbacker 4003.
- 1981 Peavey T-40 w/maple fingerboard and natural body.
- 1985 Steinberger XL2 formerly owned by the great Jauqo III-X.
- A 5-string acoustic-electric bass guitar made by a local luthier (Honda brand).
- 2010 Gene Simmons Cort Axe Bass.
- 2001 black Kubicki Ex Factor bass (after 19 years of dreaming with one).
- 2011 Höfner HI-BB Ignition (a.k.a. Icon) bass.
- 1999 red Sendel electric upright.
- A double bass (unknown brand) with a German bow.
- On October 11th, 2011, I received my first custom-made instrument, made by the great Chris Stambaugh. Full info at http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f8/ladies-gentlemen-time-unveil-warning-long-post-816459/
- Schroeder 1210R cab.
- Kustom KBA30 amp (for practicing).
- Zoom B2.1u bass multi-effects processor (currently for sale).
- MarkBass MoMark head with an 800W frame, T1M-HE preamp, EQ44S-HE equalizer and MVVL master module.
- BSS Audio AR-133 DI Box.
- DarkGlass Microtubes B3K (distortion/overdrive)
- MXR M87 Bass Compressor
- TC Electronic PolyTune (tuner)
- DigiTech Whammy DT
- HardWire SP-7 stereo phaser
- Strymon TimeLine delay (already ordered - still waiting for it to be built and shipped)
- EBMM Club #26: http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3264592#post3264592
- Bongo Club #2: http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3447487#post3447487
- Rickenbacker Club #12: http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?p=4205318#post4205318
- 5-string Club #23: http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?p=5036184#post5036184
- U.S. Peavey Club #55: http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?p=5083678#post5083678
- Fretless Club #43: http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?p=5089404#post5089404
- Peavey T-40 Club #8: http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?p=6464456#post6464456
- Vinyl spinners Club #6: http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?p=6786507#post6786507
- Kiss Army! (#4): http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?p=7099340#post7099340
- 5-string fretless Club #17: http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?p=7617141#post7617141
- Acoustic bass fetish Club #103: http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?p=7371168#post7371168
- Headless Club #18: http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?p=8035621#post8035621
- DR strings Club #22: http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?p=8069654#post8069654
- Cort Club #61: http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?p=9805483#post9805483
- MarkBass Club #363: http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?p=10359694#post10359694
- MoMark MarkBass Club #5: http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f15/momark-markbass-club-703707/index5.html#post11038738
- Höfner Group #78: http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f8/hofner-not-just-beatle-basses-group-619448/index25.html#post11149199
- Previously owned gear:
- Peavey T-40 bass, Peavey Mark IV amp with 2x15 cabinet, a black Yamaha BB800, Gallien-Krueger MB150S amp, Washburn Axxess (XS-5?) 5 string bass and a Carvin BB75 bass with walnut body, a J99 single coil neck pickup and a MM bridge humbucker with coil splitter (sold on March 24th/06). A 5-string fretless made by a local luthier (sold on August 13th/06). Crate BXH220 head and a Crate BX115E cabinet. A Zoom BFX-708 bass multi-effects processor. Kustom Groove Bass head, Avatar B210 Kappa Pro cab, Avatar SB112 Delta LF cab, Furman PL-PLUSDM power conditioner.
- G.A.S. List:
- - Another custom Stambaugh bass (fretless this time).
- In my 26 years of playing bass, I've never had such effects G.A.S., which was launched by my DarkGlass B3K. Here's the list of effects that will complete my dream pedalboard: MXR M82 Bass Envelope Filter, Copilot Planetoid ring modulator, Electro Harmonix Bass Micro Synth and a Wilson 12 position Vintage Spec Bass Q-Wah. Also some stuff from Loooper to keep my basses ready at a gig and switching several effects at the same time. Of course, I need a pedalboard. Still deciding which one.
- Gigs, Bands, & Ensembles:
- I play mostly latin gigs, but I love rock. There are not so many chances to play good rock here. That's why I appreciate so much my experience with bands playing covers from Rush, Yes, Kiss, Police, Boston, Hendrix and King Crimson, to name a few.
- Influences and Teachers:
- Stu Hamm is my biggest influence on the bass guitar. I also admire Mark King, Randy Coven, Billy Sheehan, Jaco, Geddy, Stanley Clarke, Victor Wooten, Rocco Prestia, John Patitucci, Les Claypool, Flea... ; On double bass, my Polish master , Mr. Janusz Kopytko.
- Favorite Genres:
- Hard rock, progressive rock, funk, salsa.
- Other Hobbies & Interests:
Alvaro Martín Gómez A. is not a member of any public groups