| || || |
| || |
|View Profile: MarkA |
| || |
Last Activity: Today 06:29 PM
|Forum Info ||Contact Info |
| || |
|MarkA has no contact information. |
|Additional Information ||Group Memberships |
- Current Setup:
- - 1988 MIJ Fender PowerJazz Bass Special; EMGs, Badass II, and KNOBS THAT GO TO 11.
- Fretless Squier P-bass project; flats and a Wilde (Bill Lawrence) P-46 pup.
- Brubaker Brute MJX-4; Bart pups and pre, TI flats.
- Carvin Icon fretless five-string with wide-neck (19mm) option
- 4-string Peavey Grind
- Dr. Bass cab: 2x12"+6.5" Faital Pro neos
- Mesa Walkabout head
- Markbass CMD121P combo
- Genz GBE 1200
- a 70-ish watt Gorilla combo (my first amp :)).
- Previously owned gear:
- - Markbass SD800
- Genz Shuttlemax 12.0
- GK MB200
- Ibanez SR506
- Ibanez Prestige 1006 EFM
- G.A.S. List:
- A bass and amp that are "just right".
To be GAS-free and focus on more important things.
- Gigs, Bands, & Ensembles:
- I teach elementary and junior-high school orchestra.
- Influences and Teachers:
- Started on doublebass in 4th grade. Played in the junior-high jazz band (where Mr. C introduced me to Ron Carter, Paul Chambers, Eddie Gomez) and got my first electric when I was 15. Studied doublebass and, later, cello in school. Was away from the electric for about 15 years due, initially, to an injury. Became a teacher in 2009. A year after that, I took up my Fender again, and started playing out -- mostly jams to start.
I studied doublebass with Hans Sturm, Paul Sharpe, and Diana Gannet, among others. Cello with George Work and Moises Molina. Electric I taught myself but, Todd, if you’re reading this, I still remember your slap solo from “Jack Usage” in high school.
Other influences from all over, bass players and otherwise.
MarkA is not a member of any public groups
All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:13 PM.