- Date of Birth:
- June 9th, 1967
- Bloomington IN
- Current Setup:
- Bohemian Double Bass circa 1850; 2006 Andres Gil Double Bass; 2006 G&L L-2500 & 1981 G&L L-1000 fretless.
Early 90s Lothar Seifert octagonal French style bow.
Recent Roth round German style bow.
and a few misc bows that remain anonymous
10 year old Eden Nemesis 2x10 combo (200 watt), new-ish Eden Nemesis 2x10 combo (320 watt)- these amps are occasionally used to drive one another and 'combine' to make a 4x10 setup; older and heavily modded SWR Strawberry Blonde 1x10 for quiet gigs.
and... no apologies either... a beautiful 1956 Silvertone 1 pickup archtop 6 string.
- Previously owned gear:
- Fender basses of various stripes- J, P, and Mustang.
SWR Basic Black
and I used to run the website for a vintage guitar dealer, so I consider myself more knowledgeable about gear than the average guy... you be the judge.
- G.A.S. List:
- I'm actually very satisfied with my gear for the first time... must be something wrong with me.
- Gigs, Bands, & Ensembles:
- Are you kidding? too many for this space.
- Influences and Teachers:
- There are many and include the obvious (Jaco, Stanley, Mingus, Edgar Meyer, Ron Carter) as well as not so known (Bruce Bransby, Ron Naspo, Dennis Trembly, Jeremy Allen)... anyone who sounds good on a bass is worth listening to for me!
- Other Hobbies & Interests:
- My daughter Viola and the great outdoors, particularly biking through it.
- Available for instruction:
- Areas of Instruction::
- Double Bass (Classical), Double Bass (Jazz), Bass Guitar
- Teaching Credentials:
- I have spent the last 15 years teaching a small high quality private studio. My students are serious guys and gals. I have former students attending the IU Jacobs School of Music, Berklee College of Music, and working as pro bassists in Indianapolis, New York City, and Phoenix AR. I was also Bass Instructor at Indiana State University for six years, 1993-1999. If you want to really learn to play the bass- call me.
BM in Orchestral Double Bass, IU School of Music, 1989
MM in Jazz Studies, IU Ja
ron.kadish is not a member of any public groups