| || || |
| || |
|View Profile: jruberto |
| || |
Last Activity: 09-26-2013 06:18 PM
|Jim Ruberto: Engineer, Producer, Bassist, Human (maybe Cylon) Denver, CO |
Official Pick Bassists #69, EBS #44
|Forum Info ||Contact Info |
| || |
|Additional Information ||Group Memberships |
- Staff Producer / Audio Engineer: Blue Tower Studio, Denver, CO
- Denver, CO
- Current Setup:
- Zon Sonus 5 Lightwave fretless, Fender Squier 5, Spector 5, Chinese 3/4 double bass.
Hartke 350 head (with upgraded preamp tube - huge difference for $8!!!), Trace Eliot "red stripe" 4x10 cabinet.
EBS Classic Drome 150
Peterson Strobo-Stomp II
EH Micro Synth
Boss OC-2 Octaver
BYOC Octave Scrambler
MXR M101 Phase 90 Phaser (w/mods)
Strymon Timeline (w/expression pedal)
Others, as needed:
Ernie Ball VP Jr Volume pedal
Morley Bad Horsie 2 Wah
Electro Harmonix Q-Tron +
Big Jam Space Driver SE-13 (rare. awesome.)
- G.A.S. List:
- Eden amp. Grace pre. SVT cab. Lull bass. More time to practice.
- Gigs, Bands, & Ensembles:
- A really sweet wedding band that makes it so i can afford to whore around with various indie groups. Doing way more studio work & less road work these days.
- Influences and Teachers:
- i'm inspried by anybody who plays it like it f***ing means something.
mostly self-taught: i played guitar for 15 yrs before "crossing over", but didn't really dig deep into theory until i really needed to (i.e. when i started playing the bass)
but if there's anyone who thinks i'm a decent bass player i owe it all to chad "chadzilla" johnson. he's a drummer who i've had the good fortune to play several hundred gigs with in many different groups. i never knew what "pocket" meant until my first 30 seconds playing with him. now i live there.
- Other Hobbies & Interests:
- megaphone crooning
- Available for instruction:
- Areas of Instruction::
- Bass Guitar
- Teaching Credentials:
- check my website.
jruberto is not a member of any public groups
All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:29 AM.