- Mike Lull endorsing artist
- Seattle, WA
- Current Setup:
- 1959 Kay ~ Eudoxa E/A, Red-O-Ray D/G (my workhorse...owned this one for a little over 20 years)
1999 Benedek Elemer carved Hungarian ~ Spirocores
Super crappy Chinese back-up bass. I kind of like it.
Mike Lull 4 string fretless
Mike Lull 4 string PJ - jazz body - alder/rosewood
1972 Fender Precision - ON CONSIGNMENT at Bass NW. Cleaned, PLEK'd and ready to roll. 7.5 lbs.
1962 Silvertone (Danelectro)
1914 Gibson A Mandolin
Genz-Benz Shuttle 9.0
Genz-Benz Streamliner 600
~Bergantino HT210, EX112, CN112; T.C. Electronics RS210; Eden 4x10"
~SWR Strawberry Blonde, Ampeg 108
~D-Tar Equinox Parametric EQ (the ultimate loud-stage feedback killer...love it...love it...love it!!!)
Vintage microphone collection, 1940s vinyl record-cutter with a stack of blanks
...and a hodgepodge of banjos, ukes, jugs, guitars, pianos, other strings and things...
- Previously owned gear:
- Spiros, Eudoxas, Goetz gut strings, Evahs, Red-O-Ray, Eurosonics, Superflexibles, Obligatos
Fishman, K&K, Underwood, SWR, Bag End, Bergantino, TC Electronic, Eden, 1972 Ampeg V4B, GK-MB150E, various Polytones
Lakland 55-94 fretless, Modulus fretless, Sadowsky PJ (alder/rosewood)
Various other amps, cabinets, strings, basses, and bows...my students are always bringing something different and interesting in.
- G.A.S. List:
- Gigs, Bands, & Ensembles:
- Many many many...busy busy busy: The Wanda Jackson Band, The Dusty 45s, Gadjo Gypsies, a gamut of singer/songwriters
- Influences and Teachers:
- Teachers: Chuck Israels, Doug Miller, Anna Doak, Steve Kim
Influences: Milt Hinton, Chambers, John Clayton, Ray Brown, Gary Karr, Edger Meyer, Bach, McCartney, Kevin Smith, Cachao, Michael Bisio, Duck Dunn, Nate Watts, Mowtown, Stax and just music in general.
- Favorite Genres:
- 50s, 60s,70s jazz, jug bands, western swing, hot gypsy jazz, a lot old Peruvian, Brazilian, Cuban, Americana, classical, flamenco, and greasy 70s superfly soul
- Other Hobbies & Interests:
- Reading, history, teaching, education, drums, other strings (mando, uke, banjo), piano
- Available for instruction:
- Bellingham to Seattle, WA
- Areas of Instruction::
- Double Bass (Classical), Double Bass (Jazz), Bass Guitar
- Teaching Credentials:
- Western Washington University - BA in Music
Play everything from gypsy jazz, rockabilly slap, western swing, jazz, hillbilly jazz, flamenco and classical...and some hillbilly classical
JGintheHam is not a member of any public groups