| || || |
| || |
|View Profile: baldy McBalders |
| || |
Last Activity: Today 02:36 AM
|Is it a good sign or a bad sign that I am selling my bicycle stuff for bass stuff? |
Feels pretty good so far. . .
|Forum Info ||Contact Info |
| || |
|baldy McBalders has no contact information. |
|Additional Information ||Group Memberships |
- PORTLAND! Oregon
- Current Setup:
Carvin LB 76 fretless LEFTY
Yamaha LB 300 fretted LEFTY (actually looked at the thing for the first time in months)
Dean AE 4 Fretless converted to (you guessed it) LEFTY
Engelhardt EM-1 Lefty. CCB no more!!
Squier VM '70's jazz, Maple fretless Warmoth neck, MM HB in the bridge.
Warwick RB Corvette $$
Fdeck HPF Pre
- Previously owned gear:
- DIY lefty conversions, Ampeg SVT III, WAAAY too many EB, nothing boutique. Think blue collar. Moving towards white collar, with some subversion thrown in for good measure.
- G.A.S. List:
- Upton lefty UB std.
AES (of course) Oregon Black Walnut 3/4 in a left-dizzle. That one, my friends,ain't never gonna happen . . .
- Gigs, Bands, & Ensembles:
- not working. except for my 25 M.O. daughter.
- Influences and Teachers:
- Teacher: Jennifer Leitham! Horray!
Jimmie Merrit. blue collar at its finest.
Scott Lafaro. Period.
Grant Green's bassist. Sorry, just started listening to him.
George Porter, JR.
Queens of The Stone Age.
Paul Chambers (actually have orig. pressing of "Kind of Blue" and "Birth of the Cool" Thanks for playing it on the turntable when I was 7, dad).
Juan Nelson. Man, what a groove. Broke my fingers off learning "Fight For Your Mind" on fretless.'
Steve Earle. Especially with the Del McCoury band on "The Mountain".
- Favorite Genres:
- Fingerstyle funk, blues, jazz (Listening, hoping to learn to play).
- Other Hobbies & Interests:
- WAAY to many years racing a bicycle (i.e. 37 years old, racing for 23 of 'em). A bit type "A" . . .
baldy McBalders is not a member of any public groups
All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:09 AM.