| || |
|View Profile: Ian the bassist |
Ian the bassist
| || |
Last Activity: 10-19-2013 07:37 AM
|I will build my own left handed guitar and bass shop, with blackjack, and Hookers, you know what? Forget the shop!! |
|Forum Info ||Contact Info |
| || |
|Ian the bassist has no contact information. |
|Additional Information ||Group Memberships |
- Dublin, Ireland
- Current Setup:
- Left handed player and proud my slogan is "Lefties in!!!!"
Honey Violin Warwick Streamer Jazzman(#1)
Dean Edge Active 5 string Bass(Soon to be sold, well hopefully haha)
SX 4 string(1st ever bass, will keep forever)
Ashdown Abm 410 cab
Ashdown abm evo II 900
- Previously owned gear:
- Not much to this list since lefty basses are too hard to find :P Only previous amps
Ashdown mag 300 combo 115 amp. Got stolen
though. :( Was a nice amp too.
Zoom b2.1u effects pedal.(Preferred individual effects)
Ashdown abm 810 cab. Was just to big for me.
- G.A.S. List:
- Rickenbacker 4003 Left handed bass with 24 frets and the steel bar at the pickups taken off and replaced with a thumb rest to the side(I know detailed huh? :D)
Fretless basses of some kind(I like fretless fenders, even though I'm not a massive fender fan)
Fodera bass(or at least something close to it, damn their 15% lefty charges)
Tenor bass tuned to ADGC (and maybe have an F if I decided to make it a 5 string with a higher 5th)
A customised bass of my own design. I feel there would be nothing cooler than having a bass made for me. It would definitely have a thin neck. And a humbucker at the bridge. As for the rest. It's pending my imagination ;P
- Influences and Teachers:
- Stu Hamm, Cliff Burton, Joe Satriani, Steve Harris, Victor Wooten, Geddy Lee. I have learned something from all of these guys and many many more. Too many to mention them all.
- Favorite Genres:
- Rock, Classic Rock, Classic Metal, Blues, Funk and some Jazz when im in the mood.
- Other Hobbies & Interests:
- Music in general, Computer games, going out for a few drinks. You know the usual.
- Available for instruction:
- Dublin Ireland
- Areas of Instruction::
- Bass Guitar
- Teaching Credentials:
- I have been playing bass for nearly 8 years and have dedicated myself to being the best I can in that time. My musical theory is an advanced intermediate(I can read musical notes to an extent but am much more advanced learning by ear) and techniques I do are 3 finger triplets, chords, double handed tapping, Harmonics, Artificial harmonics(Tap and pinch), Hammer ons, pull offs and slap. Anyone who interested in lessons let me know. 1st one is free and if your not satisfied we can stop right there
Ian the bassist is not a member of any public groups