- Fargo ND
- Current Setup:
- Zon Sonus 5-1 with ash body and cocobolo top,Mesa Boogie Big Block 750, Furman power conditioner,JBL loaded custom built cabs
- Previously owned gear:
- Trace Elliot GP12smx and GP7sm heads,Trace 410 and 15 cabs.Ernie Ball Stingray5,Geddy Lee Jazz,Modulus Genesis 5,Modulus VJ4,Old Music Man Tube head with Audio Glassic tubes,Ampeg SVT pre-amp with Groove tubes ,Avalon U5 direct box.Sansamp RPMpre amp and the bass version in rackmount.JBL E140 transducers and VGC series transducers. 1974 Fender precision. Custom built 4 string with Warmoth birds eye maple neck, Minnesota red elm body,brass bridge,brass nut and EMG J/P style pickups(the bass ruled)!Yamaha TRB 4 string,Yamaha TRB 5 string,Hartke 350 watt(hybrid head),DBX 31 band graphic EQ,DBX crossover,OBP preamp,Badass bridge.
- G.A.S. List:
- Iam a no frills bass player .Good bass+good amp+ good cabinet = good tone.That is the good tone recipe. Grandma always made the best cookies with simple good basic ingredients Pickup configuration ,string choice and practice round it out .
My next purchase is a four string. Iam very impressed with Roscoe basses and their tone.Iam especially interested in his instruments since he uses graphite in the neck.When I heard my friend play his Roscoe it had something I had never heard and that something was incredible tone .Iam assuming my next purchase will be a Zon or Roscoe four string.I would not turn my back on a good deal of a Modulus VJ4 either.They are nice basses,especially for rock or metal .They cut thru very nicely.Good Day!
- Influences and Teachers:
- Neil Peart ,Geddy Lee,Alex Lifeson,Johnny Cash ,Jethro Tull,Thin Lizzy,Breaking Benjamin,All that remains, and many,many,many many others
- Favorite Genres:
- rock ,jazz ,metal Progressive in nature .
- Other Hobbies & Interests:
- cabinet building.Powder skiing ,Bigfoot,musky fishing ,photography
golower is not a member of any public groups