- Sammamish, WA
- Current Setup:
- OLP SB4 (Spector Design) I must have found a good one. This is my go-to bass. I have bought 8 much more expensive basses in the last 4 years but keep coming back to this one. The rest just hang on my wall. The best $135.00 I ever spent!
New Warwick Rock Bass Streamer - Another cheap bass that just felt right. I tried a dozen more expensive basses that just didn't feel or sound as good. 6.6lbs! Fast neck too.
Steinberger L2 - Totally 80s but it's such a classic I can't even think of selling it.
2003 Spector Euro 4 - A beautiful but heavy bass that usually just hangs on the wall in my studio. This thing has volume, and sustain for days but I still find myself gravitating towards my Warwick or the OLP. I bought it because I've always wanted one and the build quality is legendary.
2- Hartke Kickback 15's (each modified to be a separate amp and speaker cab) makes a cool little stack with built in redundancy. Unfortunately, I find it personally necessary to modify just about every piece of gear that I own - it's not just a hobby, it's a curse.
- Previously owned gear:
- I've been playing since 1963 and have owned over 50 basses (Vox, Fender, Steinberger, Ibanez, Gibson, Spector, Ampeg, Crucianelli, Rickenbacker, Vantage, Warwick and Yamaha) and 20 different amps (Silvertone, Vox, Fender, Hartke, Ampeg, Acoustic, Sunn, Marshall, AMP, GK, Peavey and Yamaha). I find it funny and a little sad that I owned a LOT of now-classic equipment when it was new.
- G.A.S. List:
- A huge sounding small amp (damn those physics)and a comfortable, lightweight bass with great classic tone. I'm very close to that with my current rig though...
- Influences and Teachers:
- Paul McCartney, Chris Squire, Dave Hope and Andy Fraser were my influences in the past but there are some amazing young bassists now doing things that blow me away. I'm really impressed with Henrik Linder of Dirty Loops, an ultra-tight Swedish group with incredible vocals and musicianship.
- Favorite Genres:
- Classic and Progressive Rock
- Other Hobbies & Interests:
- Singer/Emmy-winning Composer and Sound Engineer
oddeotek is not a member of any public groups