- Brooklyn, NY
- Current Setup:
- Romanian flatback, circa 1990, setup with Spirocore Wiechs and a Fishman Full Circle pickup, German bow. Fender Jazz and Precision basses setup with LaBella Deep Talkin' FLs. Ampeg and GK amps and cabinets.
- G.A.S. List:
- Markbass stuff.
- Gigs, Bands, & Ensembles:
- I work professionally in New York and abroad, some of the groups and artists that I have or currently work with Frequently include my own bands, one with Ben Monder, Ted Poor and Pete Rende and the other with Kirk Knuffke, Loren Stillman, Jacob Garchik and Mark Ferber, my wife's band Akiko Pavolka and House Of Illusion, Lee Konitz, Paul Motian, Guillermo Klein, Chris Cheek, Bill McHenry, Kevin Hays, Ohad Talmor's Newsreel, Allison Miller, etc.
- Influences and Teachers:
- Blanton, Pettiford, Mingus, Brown, PC, Wilbur Ware, Richard Davis, Jimmy Garrison, Haden, LaFaro, Peacock, Swallow, Dave Holland, Miroslav, Jamerson, Jemmott, Weeks, Verdine White, Paul Jackson, Jaco, etc. plus all of the great bassists out there right now who continually inspire me.
- Favorite Genres:
- Style is the least important thing in music.
- Available for instruction:
- New York
- Areas of Instruction::
- Double Bass (Jazz), Bass Guitar
- Teaching Credentials:
- Professional Bassist based out of New York for the past 15 years, have toured/recorded with Lee Konitz, Ben Monder, Guillermo Klein, etc. Attended Berklee College of Music in the early to mid '90's.
Matsuko is not a member of any public groups