- Current Setup:
- 1.Mittenwald Shop bass, "Josef Bitterer" recently dated from the 30's, Spirocore solos except for D'Addario Helicore Hybrid E, re-graduated and rebuilt by Bob Daugherty. Radio Shack Omnidirectional Tie Clip Microphone.
2. No name hybrid "5/8" bass, re-graduated and rebuilt by Bob and Geoff Daugherty, Realist pu and Spirocore Solo ADG D'Addario Helicore Hybrid E.PJB Bass Cub Combo. AI Clarus w/Flite 1-10, or Eden 1-10 cabinet, 1976 Polytone Mini-Brute III.
- Gigs, Bands, & Ensembles:
- Wesla Whitfield and Mike Greensill, Patrick Wolff Trio, with Hamir Atwal, Mario Guarneri Quartet with Randy Vincent and Akira Tana, TBD, with Guarneri, Erik Jekabson and Tana, Erik Jekabson Quartet, Paula West, Randy Porter
- Influences and Teachers:
- In order of appearance (to me) : Percy Heath, Paul Chambers, Ron Carter, Cecil McBee, Charlie Haden, Wilbur Ware, Eddie Gomez, Jimmy Blanton, Oscar Pettiford Red Mitchell, Israel Crosby,Sam Jones,Jimmy Garrison, Henry Grimes, Rufus Reid, George Mraz, James Jamerson. Tons of others but these cats are my
- Favorite Genres:
- if it gives me the goosebumps it doesn't matter which genre.
- Other Hobbies & Interests:
- The Drums.
- Areas of Instruction::
- Double Bass (Jazz)
John Wiitala is not a member of any public groups