| || || |
| || |
|View Profile: OldFenderPlayer |
| || |
Last Activity: 05-11-2013 09:06 PM
|Forum Info ||Contact Info |
| || |
|Additional Information ||Group Memberships |
- Richmond, Virginia
- Current Setup:
- Nash 1957 Precision Bass replica with Light Relic finish (made in 2007)
1987 MusicMan Stringray
Old Fender Jazz Bass
1973 Fender Precision Bass with aftermarket fretless neck
Stagg Electric Upright Bass;
Epiphone Thunderbird IV
Ampeg STV-350 solid state head
Ampeg BSE 1x15 cabinet
Fender Rumble 350 combo
1966 Ampeg B18N
Ampeg B15N from the 1970s
Tech 21 SansAmp
Tech 21 Bass Compactor
Boss tuner pedal
Boss chorus pedal
- Previously owned gear:
- I've never been one to sell gear that I like. Anything that I've sold during my 30 plus years of bass playing has been because it wasn't working for me.
- G.A.S. List:
- I wish I would have bought that early 1970s Fender Precision Bass for $500 at a music store several years ago. It was one of the most comfortable, nicest sounding, broke-in basses I've played. But you live and learn. I recently bought a Nash P-Bass relic and its as nice as the one I passed on, but it cost over 3 times the price!
- Gigs, Bands, & Ensembles:
- Rene Baily Band (mix of soul and rock - originals and covers). Bolt Upright (alt country and roots rock originals and covers). Erin & Friends Jazz Band (jazz standards with vocal, guitar & bass).
- Influences and Teachers:
- #1 is Stanley Sheldon (bassist on Frampton Comes Alive), #2 is Joe Byrd (jazz guitarist Charlie Byrd's bass-playing brother .. as a youngster I couldn't play Charlie's licks on this records, but I COULD play Joe's bass lines .... that and breaking the G and high E srings on my guitar led me to play bass).
- Favorite Genres:
- I like any music that has a great bass line.
- Other Hobbies & Interests:
- Bicycle riding; collect AM tube radios.
OldFenderPlayer is not a member of any public groups
All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:48 PM.