- Date of Birth:
- January 7th, 1989
- USA, CA, Sacramento Metro area
- Current Setup:
Fretless Squier Jaguar Special in Sunburst with JFET preamp based on a Fender tube gain stage.
Fretless Epiphone EB3 with custom made pre, tuned CGDA.
"Little Gem" by runoffgroove modified for bass
The cab from some Vox combo amp.
Behringer Ultrabass BX600 60-watt w/ 12" speaker (power amp only)
Fender Frontman 25R modded for use as a bass preamp.
M-Audio Fast Track Computer interface
- Previously owned gear:
- A few squier jazzes
Gretsch Electromatic Junior Jet
Epiphone Jr Guitar
ZVEX Fuzz Factory
- G.A.S. List:
- A good DAW
Semi-hollow piezo-equipped fretless
Perhaps a stingray or sterling
Sansamp VT-Bass or other Sansamp Character pedal
fEarful 12/6 or 15/6
- Gigs, Bands, & Ensembles:
- Paranthesis(1 [solo project], Fighting for Pineapples [defunct], Reasonable Approximation [solo project],
- Influences and Teachers:
- Justin Chancellor, Greg Burns, Brian Cook, Mike Sullivan, Dave Turncrantz, Colin Edwin, Jenny Lee Lindberg, Paz Lenchantin, Nathan Navarro, Zander Zon, Mogwai, Portugal. The Man, my old friend Trevor.
- Favorite Genres:
- Sludge Metal, Post Rock, Progressive Rock, Ambient, Trip-Hop
- Other Hobbies & Interests:
- Electrical, shiny things, penguins
Derek Balonek is not a member of any public groups