| || || |
| || |
|View Profile: Scogman |
| || |
Last Activity: 05-19-2013 06:23 AM
|Fender J-Bass | Carvin B40 | Yamaha BB1000S |
GenzBenz STL-900 | Anchak fEARful 15/6/1
|Forum Info ||Contact Info |
| || |
|Scogman has no contact information. |
|Additional Information ||Group Memberships |
- Bangkok Thailand
- Current Setup:
- Fender MIA Jazz Bass
Carvin B40 & SB4000
Ampeg SVT-8 Pro (USA made)
Ampeg SVT-7 Pro
TC Elecronics RH750
Anchak Audioworks fEARful 15//6/1 (two)
Sansamp Paradriver DI
Carvin MB15 microcombo
Amplitude iRig (for quiet practice)
- Previously owned gear:
- First bass amp, Fender Bassman 50
Traynor Combo and extension cabinet circa 1984
Peavey Combo 300 Circa 1985
Big Rig from 1984-2004:
Crown DC300 Power Amp
Yamaha PB-1 Preamp
A digital delay (can't remember brand)
BFI 18" cabinet
Carvin 15" cabinet
I donated this rig in 2004.
Wish I kept the Yamaha PB-1. :-)
Also used/borrowed an Acoustic 8x10 for a while.
- G.A.S. List:
- No more Cab-GAS, fEARful cabs are awesome.
Have all the basses I need.
Don't need any pedals.
- Gigs, Bands, & Ensembles:
- Play occasionally with the House band at the Royal Bangkok Sports Club
- Influences and Teachers:
- Bass Teacher: Learned from Phil McNeese in Dallas, TX area (I believe he's the best bass player on the planet to this day).
School: University of North Texas Jazz Studies, Mid 1980's: Classical Theory, Jazz Theory, Sight Screaming and Ear Straining... The only reason my professor gave me a 'C' in Sight Singing and Ear Training class was that if she failed me and I had to repeat the class, she would have to be my professor again the next semester ...
- Duck Dunn
- James Jamerson
- Geddy Lee
- Motown, James Brown, anything with a cool vamp or funky groove.
- Favorite Genres:
- Classic Rock, Progressive Rock, Funky R&B, Funky Blues, Funky Funk
Scogman is not a member of any public groups
All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:02 PM.