- Seaford, Delaware, USA
- Current Setup:
- Basses: 72 Fender P-bass black on black rosewood Badass bridge, 75 Fender jazz white w/m.o.p. pickgaurd cream Dimarzio stacked pups Badass bridge w/78 bound dot rosewood neck, 87 Gibson IV white(very yellowed with age now) all original, late 80s Spector NS2 cherry sunburst all original, 00 Ibanez SR406 six string bass black sticker-plastered beat to hell (main stage bass), 97 Ibanez Ergodyne EDB405 five string purple. Amps: Ampeg SVT-CL 300 watt silver face tube head w/ matching 8x10 cab, Ampeg SVT 200T head(had since i was 17,over 20 years ago,most reliable amp ever), late 60s Ampeg svt 8x10 cab, late 80s Ampeg 4x10 & 1510 cabs, early 90s Boss bass limiter pedal (never leave home without it), Digitech bass whammy(never use much, not big on effects), various other odds and ends.
- Previously owned gear:
- 77 Gibson g3(regret), 78 Fender jazz(still have neck on a 75 body), G&L L2000(regret), Rickenbacker 4001(regret), Tobias growler 4(miss it occasionally,sounded awesome,but neck was too thin for my taste), Ibanez sb900LE(mildly regret), Tokai P-Bass, Dean hollywood z, a few different Aria Pro II XRB series basses, Aria Pro diamond (first bass), bunches of cheap Harmony, Kay, and other off brands or no name basses, and so many others I've forgotten. Ampeg Svt pro II head (4 replacements before i gave up on it) Peavey mark IV head (had 2, very reliable, would love another) Peavey 115 cab, Acoustic 150 head & 115 cab, Peavey basic 50 combo, plenty of other forgotten amps.
- G.A.S. List:
- searching for a new 6 string bass, undecided so far, but must be extra long scale, neck thru, 3 band eq, 2 humbuckers, aesthetically pleasing body shape, not too squatty, stumpy or weird looking like most 6 strings seem to have to be for some reason, kinda liking the Ibanez BTB series a little as far as feature go, but still not totally sure yet.
- Gigs, Bands, & Ensembles:
- The Electric Subconscious(experimental original music), Order 6d6(original hard rock/metal), Gravy(working cover band), various solo, and colaborative projects. play mostly bars and clubs in Delmarva and surrounding areas.
- Influences and Teachers:
- John Paul Jones, John Entwistle, Steve Harris, Geezer Butler, Eric Avery, flea, Mike Watt, Simon Gallop, Martine LeNoble, Paul McCartney, Jaco Pastorious, Noel Redding, Ryan Martinie, Roger Waters, and too many others.
- Favorite Genres:
- rock, metal, jazz, experimental, just about anything really.
- Other Hobbies & Interests:
- recording,audio engineering, we have our own studio.
jefftaint is not a member of any public groups