- Reading, PA
- Current Setup:
- 1999 Godin A-4, 1978 Fender Precision, 2002 Lakland Skyline 55-01, 1988 Hohner-Steinberger, Michael Kelly Club Deluxe Acoustic, Jay Turser TeleBass copy (with Seymour Duncan Antiquity II pickup and reproduction vintage pots/capacitor); Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass with replacement Hipshot tuners; AMP KB-400 amp head; Behringer BXL-3000A amp, AMP-260 amp head, AMP SL-1 preamp; Behringer 2400 power amp; vintage (1974) Peavey 115 cabinet w/2005 8 ohm replacement Black Widow speaker, 1980's Peavey 115 with 2011 ohm BW replacement speaker, Carvin 210 cabinet.
- Previously owned gear:
- 1971 Jazz bass, Epiphone El Capitan acoustic basses (both 4 and 5-strings), 1975 Gibson Ripper bass, 1969 Fender Telecaster bass, Early 1980's Vintage series 1957 and 1962 Fender Precision basses, Epiphone Viola bass, Conrad Hollowbody Bass
- G.A.S. List:
- AMP-420 amplifier head
- Gigs, Bands, & Ensembles:
- Good News Travelin' Band
- Influences and Teachers:
- Victor Wooten, Jaco, Stanley Clarke, Peter Cetera, Paul McCartney, uncountable bluegrass recording bassists, Willie Nelson's and Charlie Daniel's bass players, and any player that has taste and does not overplay...anyone who's a member of an ensemble who does his job so well to seem almost unnoticeable. As long as a player does it with taste it doesn't matter to me if it's complex fusion or simple 1-4-5 playing it's cool with me. Also, my old private music teachers, George Haller and Jim Shaner...instilling in me a good, pragmatic, and commercial attitude about my music...as well as my former bandleaders, Dave Bilger and Sonny Miller for allowing and helping me to grow in my skills in different directions over the years; may both of them rest in peace.
- Favorite Genres:
- Country, country rock, jazz, fusion, bluegrass, jazz-rock (such as Chicago),
- Other Hobbies & Interests:
- rescuing and taking care of animals, walking, reading, computers, watching the Phillies, taking naps
ChemDave is not a member of any public groups