- Melbourne Australia
- Current Setup:
- Double Bass (a no-name but she's my special girl!)
Fender MIJ P-Basses
Fender MIJ J-Basses
Ibanez Roadstar II
Cimar J-Bass copy
Eden Amplifiers and Cabinets
D'Addario strings (flats, nylon and nickel rounds)
Various effects by: Boss, HAO, Dwarfcraft, Earthbound Audio, BBE, TC Electronic, Digitech, MadeByMike, Idiotbox, Subdecay, Fairfield Circuitry, and DOD.
- G.A.S. List:
- A nice old Double Bass (circa 1850?)
Both 4 and 6 string Double Basses by luthier Warren Nolan-Fordham.
Some kind of 60s J- and a similar vintage P-bass... Heck! My wish list right? Make it a stack of them!!!
- Gigs, Bands, & Ensembles:
- Slipper, Bohjass, Lo-Res, Emma Tomkin, The Boys, Jacob McGuffie Band, Tim Pledger's Product, Viaduct, Yurodive... A bunch of other standards and latin bands
- Influences and Teachers:
- Charles Mingus, Dick Lovegren, Charlie Haden, Larry Grenadier, Ray Brown, John Paul Jones, Malachi Maghostus Favors, Aston Barrett, Edgar Meyers, Paul McCartney, Ron Carter, Mike Watt, Colin Greenwood, Dave Holland, Jack Bruce, Troy Sanders, Chris Hale and Sting. The bands 'Low', 'Radiohead', 'The Beatles', Tom Waits, Mstislav Rostropovich, Bob Dylan, Bill Evans, Joni Mitchell and composers like H.I.F Biber, J.S Bach, Couperin; if you really want to know more? ASK!!! Hahaha!
- Favorite Genres:
- Jazz, Metal, Country, Folk, Bluegrass, Rock, Reggae, Baroque, modern Western Art music, noise.
- Other Hobbies & Interests:
- Education, Politics, Love, Reading, Film, Beer, Life
- Available for instruction:
- Areas of Instruction::
- Double Bass (Jazz), Bass Guitar
- Teaching Credentials:
- B.A Humanities (English and Cinema Studies Majors w/ Honours)
B.Music Performance (Improvisation)
Graduate Diploma in Education (Secondary)
AlastairWatts is not a member of any public groups