- Current Setup:
- 160-year-old German flatback. Make unknown
my beater-bass is a hybrid knilling 3/4 made in Romania.
for doublebass is use a walter woods amp and a Razer's Edge cabinet with an 8-inch speaker.
I have several bows.
I have a fretless electric bass custom made years ago by Wayne Kamp. I use an SWR combo amp with the electric.
- G.A.S. List:
- To improve as a musician and a human being, not necessarily in that order.
- Gigs, Bands, & Ensembles:
- I've performed classical and jazz as well as other genres, but I love jazz's interaction among players.
- Influences and Teachers:
- Paul Chambers, Scott Lafaro, Percy Heath, Jimmie Merrit, Gary Peacock, Ron Carter, Charlie Hayden, Larry Grenadier, Anders Jormin, Mingus, Marc Johnson and a zillion others.
- Favorite Genres:
- Other Hobbies & Interests:
- Flute, piano and composing
- Available for instruction:
- Areas of Instruction::
- Double Bass (Jazz), Bass Guitar
- Teaching Credentials:
- I've been gigging for 35 years. I've studied locally over the years with Joe Deal and Hans Sturm and have performed with Jimmy Coe, Pookie Johnson, Ken Fary, Steve Allee, Kevin Johnson, Jack Gilfoy, Claude Sifferlen etc.
prhine is not a member of any public groups