| || || |
| || |
|View Profile: EpicSteve |
| || |
Last Activity: 12-19-2012 01:18 AM
|Forum Info ||Contact Info |
| || |
|EpicSteve has no contact information. |
|Additional Information ||Group Memberships |
- Oakhurst, California
- Current Setup:
- Aria Pro II Avante Series 4-string with active electronics; Washburn Force 8 4-string bass, modified with graphite nut & Schecter machine heads; Michael Kelly Dragonfly acoustic 4-string bass guitar; Kustom GrooveBass 1200 head; Gallien-Krueger 115SBX-II cab; BBE "Sonic Stomp" Sonic Maximizer; Samson AirLine wireless system; Fender Digital Tuner; Visual Effects Power Conditioner / Light Module; MTS Products rack case; Monster Power "Professional PowerCenter PRO800" (basically just a really high quality power strip); Hercules music stand; and for us bassists that sing: Boss VE-20 Vocal Performer effects processor
- Previously owned gear:
- Hartke XL-Series 410 Bass "Module" (cab); DigiTech BP200 Bass Multi-Effects Processor; Auralex GRAMMA isolation riser; Boss DM-2 (analog) delay; Boss CE-2 Chorus; Boss GE-7 Equalizer; vintage Fender Bassman head; Korg GA-30 Guitar/Bass Tuner; Samick Greg Bennett 5-string bass (model? - just a basic entry level 5-string); Sure SM57 mic (for mic'ing my cab before I had an amp with DI)
- G.A.S. List:
- Rickenbacker 4001 4-string; Yamaha 5-string (model? ...tried a friend's ...great sound & very playable for a 4-string guy); Ampeg SVT7 Pro head; Fishman Fission Bass Powerchord FX Pedal; Tech 21 SansAmp 3-Channel Programmable Bass Driver DI; a better bass multi-effects pedal: Boss GT-10B, Boss ME-50B, or Zoom B9.1ut (unfortunately, I've never been able to try any of them yet); Moog Taurus (bass synth) pedals
- Gigs, Bands, & Ensembles:
- "Stone River" began 8 years ago as a classic & recent rock cover band, but we've added 14 originals recently, ranging from punk to prog to alt to mainstream rock. We'll be changing our name soon, to avoid potential legal problems when we release our first original CD (which we haven't recorded yet). We play local bars in the Fresno, CA area. We’re a bunch of old farts in our 50’s, but most of the time we get really positive feedback, even from younger crowds.
- Influences and Teachers:
- Chris Squire; Geddy Lee; John Myung; John Entwhistle; Paul McCartney; Tony Levin; Greg Lake; Stanley Clarke; Stu Hamm; Ralph Armstrong; Rick Laird; John Taylor; Roger Waters; John Wetton; Les Claypool; Jonas Hellborg; Flea; Jaco Pastorious; etc...
- Favorite Genres:
- Progressive Rock; Jazz-Rock Fusion (70's & 80's stuff); Progressive Metal; Grunge; 80's "New Wave"
- Other Hobbies & Interests:
- Mountaineering; photography; writing
EpicSteve is not a member of any public groups
All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:13 AM.