| || || |
| || |
|View Profile: TapeDeck |
| || |
Last Activity: 05-28-2013 06:36 PM
|Bass-curious guitarist. |
|Forum Info ||Contact Info |
| || |
|Additional Information ||Group Memberships |
- Chicago Suburbs
- Current Setup:
- I'm primarily a guitarist, but we run a really fun music school here, and I'm finding more and more guitar students who are interested in bass. So my gear right now is a T 40 and a P copy, but I'm on the hunt for a decent G&L or similar.
- Previously owned gear:
- I can tell you anything you want to know about guitar gear and setup, as well as debugging guitar rig problems. BUT YOU DON'T CARE. Because this is a bass forum. :)
- G.A.S. List:
- Desperately want a Demeter pre, but we can't always get what we want...
- Gigs, Bands, & Ensembles:
- I have a Police Tribute called "Three Non Cops" and a heavy metal band called "Pericynthion" that only plays as an excuse to get out and drink free beer.
- Influences and Teachers:
- Kevin Guinn in Chicago is amazing.
Pete Pena is a bass tech guru and an amazing superhuman.
My favorite bassists are Jaco, Victor Wooten, Oteil, Gary Willis, Hadrien, Steve Harris and Geddy.
- Favorite Genres:
- All music.
- Other Hobbies & Interests:
- Homebrew beer making.
- Available for instruction:
- Areas of Instruction::
- Bass Guitar
- Teaching Credentials:
- I have been teaching privately for well over a decade, and own and operate the Plainfield School of Music, a brick and mortar music school. We teach guitar, bass, drums, percussion, and piano, with a big focus on music theory. Right now, we're only teaching beginner and intermediate bass students. If you need a great advanced bass teacher in Chicagoland, I probably know some of the right cats to direct you to.
TapeDeck is not a member of any public groups
All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:41 PM.