- Date of Birth:
- July 18th, 1960
- Madison WI
- Current Setup:
- Basses: Barker B-1 EUB with Chromes, Sunburst '97 MIA Fender Jazz Bass Deluxe 4-string w/ roundwounds, Refinished '72 Precision Bass w/ Chromes, Hofner Upright.
Effect: rarely used Trace Elliot dual compression pedal.
Heads: Carvin B-1500, Yamaha PB-1/Crest V900. older 400RB
Cabinets: homemade 1x15 cabs w/Eminence 3015 drivers, Epifani 1x10 prototype.
In the basement: 1964 Ampeg B-15N.
Practice: Raven labs PHA-1 headphone preamp.
- Previously owned gear:
- Mesa/Boogie diesel 2x15, Sunburst '97 MIA Precision Bass, Aguilar GS 412, Carvin BX1200, Berganino NV 425, SVT Classic, GK 410SBX, '97 MIA Jazz bass with Antiquity II pickups and drop-D tuner, modulus M92 sweetspot, G&L L1505, '73 Fender fretless P, '65 Fender Jazz, MPG Level 5, EB Stingray, lots of P-basses, Ampeg SVP-pro, SWR Studio 220, 70's Ampeg SVT, Avatar 2x12, Acme B2 (2), SWR 4x8, Goliath 4x10, Tubeworks 4x10, Bag End 15 and 18, Bergantino HT-115, Schroeder 1210R, Sunn 2x15, Ampeg SVT 2x10, Mesa Boogie Bass 400, Gallien Krueger 800 RB (2), Gk 1001RBII, BMaxT, Peavey 2x10 with eminence deltas.
- G.A.S. List:
- Roscoe Beck signature 4 or 5 in sunburst, Fulltone Bassdrive, Walkabout, Thunderfunk, 41" scale EUB.
- Gigs, Bands, & Ensembles:
- Cool Front featuring Jon French - funky blues rock and soul, occasional variety bands, etc.
- Influences and Teachers:
- Jack Bruce, James Jamerson, Geezer Butler, Johny B Gayden, John Paul Jones, Entwistle, Larry Taylor, Jack Casady, Rocco, Flea, Marcus Miller, Rufus Reid, Ron Carter, Jaco, Stanley and a gaziillion others
- Favorite Genres:
- 70's rock and funk, blues, and all that jazz
- Other Hobbies & Interests:
- my wife and kids, environmental protection
morebass! is not a member of any public groups