- Wickford, Rhode Island
- Current Setup:
- Guild B30 lined fretless
Steinberger L2 unlined fretless.
Fender CS 1960 Jazz relic - shell pink with custom ebony fretless neck. New in 2013.
Fender "Tony Franklin" Precision fretless - Tobacco burst. New in 2012.
Westone (unknown model#, but came with interchangeable fretted/fretless necks) My main bass from 1987 to ?? and just beaten over the years into an unplayable wall-hanger.
Fender Twin Reverb tube head (1970) on top of a 1971 Fender 2X15 bass cabinet. (Destroyed by Katrina and Wilma in 2005, and will be restored at some point - it's salvageable.)
Fender Twin Reverb - don't know the year, but mid-60s I think. Perfect original condition.
Various assorted modern-day Fender guitar amps for the kids' guitars and keyboards, etc.
I had a Behrringer until recently, but donated it to Goodwill - it was a great amp. Solid state, but excellent tone and presence.
- Previously owned gear:
- I owned a 1975 Maple/Maple fretless Precision, which was stolen at a gig in Berlin, NH in August of 1987. Wish I knew the serial number to track it, but I'm sure it's well loved by whoever ended up with it, so hey - no harm no foul. (Bikers. They waited until the 2nd set break, then stole my PBass, my 1966 Fender Mustang and two mics. Nobody was talking either.)
- G.A.S. List:
- I am very, very satisfied with what I have now. I'd like a NS upright and certainly a high quality concert double bass, but I just got in trouble for buying the Steinberger, so those will have to wait. lol
- Gigs, Bands, & Ensembles:
- No longer play out.
- Influences and Teachers:
- Just everyone. But early Tower of Power is what originally caught my ear
- Favorite Genres:
- I play by ear and have never taken a lesson - don't sight read at all. I listen to everything from death metal to Disco to all styles of jazz, reggae, stoner rock, all eras and styles of classical - I play along to or with whatever is on. But I am definitely a funk/disco/reggae groove player.
- Other Hobbies & Interests:
- Everything. You name it I've either tried it, dabbled in it, or am interested in learning about it.
SlowCode is not a member of any public groups