- Date of Birth:
- November 14th, 1970
- Current Setup:
- Upright: 100 yr old upright American? w/ Gage Realist.
Electrics: Geddy Lee Jazz, Peavey TL-6 w/ Bartolini NTBT, '77 Fender jazz w/ Moses fretless neck and Bart's, '77 jazz neck on a Mighty Mite p-bass body w. Duncan 1/4 lb'r.
Walter Woods Green Light w/ Acme Low B-2.
Effects: Tonebone DI, Sans Amp DI, Tech 21 Red Ripper, MXR bass envelope filter, Boss Octave, Reverb & Delays, Akai Headrush, Boss RC-20 loop station, vol pedal. German bow & various slides, picks, chopsticks, mallets.
- G.A.S. List:
- Looking for a travel URB. Chadwick Folding bass or Eminence, Azola, BSX.
Also looking to find my first real bass again - Ibanez RB850 (1984-5).
- Gigs, Bands, & Ensembles:
- Chris Bates' Good Vibes, Chris Bates Quintet, Grease Gun, Atlantis Quartet, Todd Clouser, Low Blows, Framework, Enormous, Red Planet.
- Influences and Teachers:
- Teachers: Anthony Cox, James Clute, Chris Brown. Players: Miles Davis, Dave Holland, Devin Hoff, Gary Peacock, Tony Levin, Miroslav Vitous, Geddy Lee, Ed Blackwell, Aston Barrett, Ron Carter, Ray Brown, John Coltrane, Jimmy Garrison, Charlie Haden, Ornette Coleman, Scott LaFaro, Larry Grenadier, Avishai Cohen, Chris Wood, Mark King, Pino Palladino, jeepers creepers EVERYBODY!
- Favorite Genres:
- jazz, rock, r&b, roots / americana
- Other Hobbies & Interests:
- baseball and my family
- Available for instruction:
- Areas of Instruction::
- Double Bass (Classical), Double Bass (Jazz), Bass Guitar
- Teaching Credentials:
- 20+ years professional exp in all styles - but jazz and improvisation are my specialties.
tunnelworld is not a member of any public groups