- President: Aguilar Amplification
- New York City
- Current Setup:
- 63 Jazz bass, 63 Precision Bass, 59 Gibson Eb-2, Fretless Fender Jazz "Jaco", 67 Guild Starfire,
In the Aguilar shop: Lakland Joe Osborn 4 & 5, Zon 8-string, Modulus Flea bass, Spector 5, Ibanez Gary Willis fretless, Epiphone Jack Casady, Lull jazz bass, Sadowsky 5, Alleva-Coppolo 5, NS uprite, Valenti PJ, Lull Thunderbird, Nordstand 5, Alleva-Coppolo P-bass, Fender standard P-bass, Roscoe 5-string...
Recording path is a Tone Hammer preamp/D.I.
Lots of Aguilar pedals, heads and cabinets.
- Previously owned gear:
- As the owner of the company, I am deeply knowlegable about all Aguilar products. I lead the design team at Aguilar and am responsible for the sound of the products.
In addition to my experience with gear at Aguilar, before 1995 I owned and ran a company that rented vintage analog studio gear in the NYC area.
In the last 40 years I have owned and used many amps and basses.
I am also knowlegable about analog studio gear from the 60's and 70's.
- Gigs, Bands, & Ensembles:
- I am a partner and producer at Naked Music, a record label. At this point in my playing career, most of my playing is on tracks that we produce for Naked Music. Please visit us at naked-music.com
- Influences and Teachers:
- So many. I would have to include singers, songwriters, sax players, guitarists etc... as well as many bass players.
- Other Hobbies & Interests:
- Playing guitar
Aguilar/Dave B. is not a member of any public groups