- Date of Birth:
- May 17th, 1977
- Current Setup:
- Basses: German ca.1900, 1961 Kay M-1
Strings: I've lost track...
Pickup/mic: AKG C411, previously Underwood, Audio Technica ATM25, etc.
Amplification: EA Doubler w/ Arnopol Crazy8
- Previously owned gear:
- Basses: 5/8 carved Juzek. 3/4 carved Romanian. Strings: Spirocore, Superflexible, Innovation H, Helicore (orch, hybrid AND pizz), Flat Chromesteel, Kolstein Heritage, Dominant solos, a bunch of others...
Pickup/mic: K&K golden trinity, Full Circle, AKG C411, EV RE15, Vektor, Audio Technica pro95
- Gigs, Bands, & Ensembles:
- Multiple bands around New Mexico, Seattle, Bay Area, etc.
- Influences and Teachers:
- Teachers: Buddy Catlett, Doug Miller, Barry Lieberman, Mark Tatum.
Influences: Oscar Pettiford, Red Mitchell, Ray Brown, Sam Jones, etc....
- Available for instruction:
- Areas of Instruction::
- Double Bass (Classical), Double Bass (Jazz)
- Teaching Credentials:
- 15+ years experience as professional bassist performing with artists including Bobby Shew, Mark Levine, Kevin Hays, Doug Lawrence, Bud Shank, Don Lanphere, Conte Candoli, Mark Levine, Bob Florence, Kim Richmond, Gary Hobbs, Jamey Aebersold (no, really), the Cab Calloway Orchestra and many others.
BA and BM in Jazz Studies from University of Washington.
MMus in Double Bass Performance from University of New Mexico.
Michael Glynn is not a member of any public groups