- Date of Birth:
- June 14th, 1965
- Pacifica, CA, USA
- Current Setup:
- Electric rig: Heavily modified 4-string Mexi-Fender Jazz (barely a Fender now), Aguilar DB-659 pre, Crest CA6 power amp, Aguilar GS 410 cabinet.
Upright rig: Wan Bernadel bass, K&K Bass Master Pro pickup, Acoustic Image Focus 2R amp, Bergantino HT112 cabinet.
- Previously owned gear:
- I've probably owned 10 or so electric basses but have gravitated towards Fender J-style basses for the last 20 years. Had flings with a few others including Yamaha, Ibanez and even a Gibson bass. I've also owned a number of bass rigs including a couple of SWR's, Mesa Boogie, Acoustic, Demeter, etc.
- G.A.S. List:
- Lakland Skyline Deluxe 55-02. Ibanez gwb1005 fretless. A good German bow.
- Gigs, Bands, & Ensembles:
- Dolly Parton, the Jordanairres, Barbara McNair, Freddie Bell, Legends In Concert
- Influences and Teachers:
- Teachers: Glenn Richman, Gary Willis and Putter Smith, to name a few.
Influences: Chuck Rainey, Marcus Miller, Jaco, John Paul Jones, Paul Chambers, Will Lee, Ray Brown, James Jamerson, Ron Carter, John Patitucci and many others.
- Other Hobbies & Interests:
- Recording/Producing, surfing, baseball
- Available for instruction:
- Areas of Instruction::
- Bass Guitar
- Teaching Credentials:
- Musicians Institute honors graduate. I teach sight-reading music notation and chord charts, ear training, bass line construction, improvisation, soloing and playing rock, funk, jazz, latin, reggae and r&b.
Scot is not a member of any public groups