- Date of Birth:
- June 9th, 1978
- Endorsing Artist: Conklin Guitars (Basses)
- Kansas City Metro Area
- Current Setup:
- Conklin GT-7 "Lucinda Annabelle" Fretless
Conklin GT-7 Bill Dickens Signature Model "Cassandra"
Conklin GT-7 Bill Dickens Signature Model "Morgana"
Knilling Flatback Upright Circa 1920s "Dante"
Mesa Boogie M-2000 Basis Bass Head
Mesa Boogie 6x10 powerhouse cabinet
Rocktron Blue Thunder
Line 6 Bass Pod Pro + Large footswitch
Secret Weapon Stompbox
- Previously owned gear:
- Steinberger Spirit 5 String Bass
Dean Edge 4 Bass
Hartke HA3000 Amp
Hartke 4x12 Cab
Peavey TNT 1x15 combo amp
Ergo 5 string electric upright
- G.A.S. List:
- Mesa/Boogie 400+ Amplifer
- Gigs, Bands, & Ensembles:
- The Arret Zone (Progressive Metal), Man Down (Blues), University of Central Missouri Symphonic Orchestra, University of Central Missouri Jazz Band, UCM String Chamber Ensemble, ***:(UCM Jazz Rock Combo)
- Influences and Teachers:
- The Bass Staff at the Musicians Institute, John Patitucci, Sean Malone, Stu Hamm, Jaco Pastorius, Francois Rabbath, Giovanni Bottessini, Eduard Nanny, my wife Heather.
- Favorite Genres:
- Progressive Metal, 20th Century, Romantic, Bebop, Hard Bop, Third Stream, Fusion
- Other Hobbies & Interests:
- Roleplaying, Computer Games, The Internet, Goth/Idustrial/Fetish
- Available for instruction:
- Areas of Instruction::
- Double Bass (Classical), Double Bass (Jazz), Bass Guitar
- Teaching Credentials:
- Professional Certificate from the Musicians Institute, Qualified to Teach Guitar, Bass or Piano.
BM in Music Technology/Jazz Studies, Masters in Performance from the University of Central Missouri.
Violen is not a member of any public groups