- on the bottom in sw ohio
- Current Setup:
- DB: 7/8 carved flatback w/ Thomastik Spirocore Weich strings and Fishman Full Circle pickup. Tom Owen French bow with Pops rosin.
EUB: Eminence 4-String, Removable Neck.
BG: Fender Precision and Jazz Basses.
Amplification: Walter Woods Electracoustic amp, and GK MB150S combo. Epifani UL2 110, Bag End S-15, Gallien-Krueger 112MBX and custom Neo 1x15 speaker cabinets.
- Previously owned gear:
- Amps and speakers include Acme, Acoustic, Acoustic Image, AMP, Ampeg, Bag End, Euphonic Audio, Fender, GK, Hartke, Henriksen JazzAmp, LDS, Markbass, Polytone, Raezers Edge, Schroeder, SWR, Walter Woods, etc. Various American, Euro and Chinese plywood and hybrid double basses, a Shen Willow and an original 60's Ampeg Baby Bass. Many classic bass guitars.
- Gigs, Bands, & Ensembles:
- The usual country club, hotel, night club, restaurant stuff... Duos, trios, quartets, even an occasional big band.
- Influences and Teachers:
- Ray Brown, James Jamerson and Paul McCartney were three of my biggest influences originally who got me interested in the bass. There are really just too many others to mention now. I've learned something from almost everyone I've heard.
I've had some great teachers over the years: For classical bass fundamentals, Charles Medcalf, Barry Green and Rick Vizachero, all members of the Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra. For jazz, the great and much missed Cal Collins and Kenny Poole were major mentors to me. Lou Lausche has also been a big influence, and a great teacher. Last but not least my friend, Mike Sharfe, who has always shown me the way on the bass.
- Other Hobbies & Interests:
- Scuba Diving
- Available for instruction:
- Areas of Instruction::
- Double Bass (Jazz), Bass Guitar
- Teaching Credentials:
- 40+ years as a working bass player. Studied with three members of the Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra.
robgrow is not a member of any public groups