- Date of Birth:
- April 5th, 1973
- New York City
- Current Setup:
- 1850's Tyrolean flatback, 1942 Kay S-9 w/ removable neck, Lemur Flyaway travel case, Ropecore and Velvet strings, full circle pickup. Walter Woods, Acoustic Image, GK amps, and Hartke 210 cabs. Fender fretless jazz bass, '73 Precision, '67 Harmony H-22 hollowbody electric, '70 Musicmaster, '10 Jazz active deluxe 5 string.
- Previously owned gear:
- I have owned many Kay basses over the years and am fascinated with their history.
I am a dealer of the Rick Williams dbl bass buggie, available on my website www.slapfiddle.com
- G.A.S. List:
- A complete restoration on my Tyrolean flatback.
- Gigs, Bands, & Ensembles:
- Freelance bassist in New York City
- Influences and Teachers:
- Dave Holland, Paul McCartney, Ray Brown, Larry Grenadier, Anders Jormin, Edgar Meyer, Palle Danielsson, Niels Pederson, Charlie Haden, Patitucci, McBride, Jaco, Rocco, Scotty Lafaro, Ron Carter, Keith Jarrett, Mehldau, and countless more.
- Favorite Genres:
- I play pretty much all new music these days. A lot of songwriters-pop, indie pop, rock, alt country, folk, Americana, modern jazz composers, etc.
- Other Hobbies & Interests:
- eBay, biking, hiking, investing. Recording sessions, recording overdubs from home.
- Available for instruction:
- New York
Slapfiddle is not a member of any public groups