- Date of Birth:
- March 11th, 1953
- Millbury Ma.
- Current Setup:
- Upright Bass, 4 Rickenbackers, 72 jetglo 4001FL, 78 Azureglo 4001, 79 mapleglo 4001, and 2004 Blueboy 4003 FL, 2007 Gibson Thunderbird, 1970 Gibson EB-3, 1972 Fender P fretless. 2 Ampeg SVT heads, late 70's. 3 70's 8 X 10 SVT cabs, two straightback and one w/ towel bar. 2 Ampeg B-15T's, 1 late 70's Ampeg b-15S, 1 1959 Ampeg Bassamp 835.
- Previously owned gear:
- Have played P basses for many years in the past, had an EB-2 (great bass) good with Ric's, I've been using Ampeg since 1975 especially SVT's, have owned 3 different B-15's (1 60's, 2 70's) V-4B, and have used many other Ampegs, have also owned Sunn 2000S heads and cabs, a Marshall Major head, Univox amp. Many Fenders, including Bassmans, Bandmasters and a Showman. Becoming pretty good on different URB pickups and techniques for amplification.
- G.A.S. List:
- Rickenbacker 4005, 60's 4001 w/ horseshoe pickup, 50's or 60's 4000. pre-CBS Sunburst P bass, pre-CBS Jazz. Another EB-2, EB-1, Gretsch bass, many of the old 60's collectable basses and amps.
- Gigs, Bands, & Ensembles:
- many fill in gigs with various bands in MA and CT area.
- Influences and Teachers:
- Duck Dunn, Willie Dixon, James Jamerson, Joe Osborne, Jack Cassidy, Tim Bogart, Paul McCartney (wouldn't be playing bass if it wasn't for him) many, many 50's and 60's guys on both URB and electric, the unsung heroes. (a few of the 70's Ric players) Chuck Rainey, Ray Brown, Pettiford, Chambers, Ron Carter, Mingus, all the James Brown guys, many, many others. I could be here a week if I really sat down to think about it. This could come down to certain riffs, like the bass solo beginning in It's My Life (Animals) or solo in Liar, Liar (Castaways) many many Beatles tunes and on and on.
- Other Hobbies & Interests:
- electronics, tube circuitry, antique radios
bobyoung53 is not a member of any public groups