- Northern California
- Current Setup:
- TC Electronic BH500, Peavey ProBass 500 through Epifani UL2-310 or Avatar B210 Neo. Carvin Pro Bass 100 around the house. Korg Pitchblack tuner, and sometimes a Behringer BDI 21. '83 G&L L-1000, Fender Japan '62 Reissue P bass, Yamaha BB415, 2008 Road Worn Jazz, and a Squier parts Jazz.
- Previously owned gear:
- Mid '60's Vox tube amp and cab (stolen... I'd love to see it again), 1964-5 Japanese lawsuit P bass (stolen by the same cretins, wish I had it back... we went thru so much together), SWR Workingman 15 (eh), Ampeg B2R, Ampeg SVT 4 Pro, G&L SB-1, G&L ASAT bass (G&L's are the greatest underrated basses in the world), another Japanese lawsuit tele bass (juuuuunk), a beautiful 50th Anniversary USA P bass, MIM Jazz relic'd with Barts and Badass II bridge, Fender '03 American Jazz, Squier Vintage Modified Fretless Jazz Bass... that's all I can remember now.
- G.A.S. List:
- Rusty Box/Tech 21 VT Bass or vice versa, American Fender Jazz bass with inlaid block/bound neck, string-thru, and no skunk stripe. I'm always this far from buying another G&L... L-1000 (bought one! how many more 'til I'm satisfied?), SB-2, or JB Rustic. Lakland's Skyline 44-60, DJ4 (if I could find a red one, I'd buy it now) and their Duck Dunn P Bass are on my short list, too. Squier Classic Vibe, VMTB. And generally whatever I don't have.
- Gigs, Bands, & Ensembles:
- Played lots as a kid then laid off for many years when my stuff was stolen, I got a job, got married, had kids... now I'm addicted again and have gigged with lots of local guys, mostly blues. I'm now playing with a group of guys I like a lot (Neckbone) and learning all over again.
- Influences and Teachers:
- Any of James Brown's bassists, James Jamerson, Jerry Jemmott, Chuck Rainey, Willie Weeks, Ron Carter, Family Man, Bakithi Kumalo (Graceland!), Pino Paladino, Joe Lev.
- Favorite Genres:
- Easier to list what I don't like... Lawrence Welk, most current pop, most rap/hip hop... as a friend once said, "If you can't play an instrument or sing, you're not a musician."
- Other Hobbies & Interests:
- Fenders, Harleys, and Rugers
noeinstein is not a member of any public groups