- Date of Birth:
- August 13th, 1983
- Kansas City
- Current Setup:
- My Kramer Baretta 522S/P is my workhorse--also a Kramer Focus 8000(Explorer), Spector Performance series 4-string, and a homemade 5-string.
Gallien-Krueger 1001RB-II head--Trace Elliot 1048H cab--Korg DTR-1000 rackmount tuner--Alvarez power conditioner--Line 6 Relay G50 wireless and/or Monster cable.
D.R. Stainless Hi-Beams and D.R. Black Beauties--coffee that makes the spoon stand up--Aqua Net--I LOVE my Tascam Bass Trainer, it does everything!
- Previously owned gear:
- 1985 Hamer Blitz modded with active EMG P and J's--wish I'd never sold it. 1983 Kramer Pioneer Carerra, OLP MM3 bass, Peavey MAX450 head, Earth Engineering 350w head, various Peavey cabs. Mexican and USA Fender Jazz and hybrid P basses. AKG Guitar Bug.
- G.A.S. List:
- Trace Elliot AH1000-12 head to go with the cab, and another cab to make a big green glowing British stack. Vintage Kramers, especially the 522S/P Barettas, I'd like to corner the market. And a double bass and bow for classical applications.
- Gigs, Bands, & Ensembles:
- Face First (classic rock covers), I also offer myself as a mercenary.
- Influences and Teachers:
- Kip Winger, Jack Blades, and Rick Savage are the Holy Trinity! PAT BADGER!!! Fran Sheehan, Bobby Sheehan, Duff McKagan, Flea, Jackie Newhouse and Tommy Shannon, Geddy Lee, John Paul Jones, Hugh McDonald, James Jamerson, Donnie Purnell, Roscoe Beck, Matt Waddill (www.jeffscheetz.com), Howard Culver from No Parking (http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/noparkinglive?ref=ts). BTW, I have been playing since April 12, 2003.
- Favorite Genres:
- I love 80's hair metal, despite the fact the bassists didn't often get a chance to show off.
- Other Hobbies & Interests:
- I also enjoy gardening.
- Available for instruction:
- Kansas City
- Areas of Instruction::
- Bass Guitar
- Teaching Credentials:
- I teach the basics to beginners--scales and arpeggios, reading TAB, rudimentary theory. I am just an intermediate player myself but I could help interested beginners get started on the right foot.
Whammytap is not a member of any public groups