- Date of Birth:
- July 24th, 1966
- Denton, TX
- Current Setup:
- 1930 GA Pfretzschner (Markneukirchen) Wilson pickups and Oliv/Spirocore combo (my Texas bass)
1930's German Shop (Wilfer?) Bass w/ EP Wiechs w/ Fishman Full Circle (my Portland bass)
Chadwick Folding Bass w Realist w/ Spiro mittels (my travel bass)
Marco Raposo Pernambuco French Bow
Gage/Metropolitan French Bow
Knoll Brazilwood French Bow
Gage/Metropolitan German Bow
Pedulla MVP 5, Yamaha BB5000, EB/Musicman Stingray 5, Pedulla Rapture 5, MIJ Fender Jazz Fretless ('89)
Acoustic Image Contra (series 1), AI Clarus2R sII, EA iAmp 350 Combo+EA CXL-110E, SWR SuperRedhead+SWR Son of Bertha, Roland Cube 60 (the old one with Orange Tolex), Ampeg B2R in a Harkte 15 cab, and a couple Acoustic Cabs (2x15 and 4x12) and an Acoustic 270 - with Fuzz and Reverb!
Boss GT-6B Multi Effects Processor +
Boss RL-20 Looper
- Previously owned gear:
- 2001 Christopher 7/8 "DB 401F" with Bel Cantos
Czech Plywood bass
Glasser French Bow
Ken Smith Burner 5 Deluxe
MIJ Fender Jazz
'66 Fender Mustang
Spector 5 (Korean Bolt-On)
Peavey Combo 300
- G.A.S. List:
- Trying to focus on what I have.
- Gigs, Bands, & Ensembles:
- UNT One O'Clock Lab Band, freelance around Dallas/FW and occaisionally Portland, OR - my hometown.
- Influences and Teachers:
- Teachers: Lynn Seaton, Jeff Bradetich, Phil Baker, Brad Herrett, Don Hermanns, David Friesen and Glen Moore
listening to PC, Richard Davis, David Izenzon, William Parker, Ray Brown, NHOP.
for electric: Jaco, Stanley, Marcus, Flea, Mick Karn, Bill Laswell
- Other Hobbies & Interests:
- Cats, Single Malt Scotch, Classic Film (30s-60s) History.
- Available for instruction:
- Dallas/Fort Worth/Denton, TX
- Areas of Instruction::
- Double Bass (Jazz), Bass Guitar
- Teaching Credentials:
- Currently DMA in Jazz Studies candidate and TA at UC Boulder
MM in Jazz Studies from Univ. of North Texas, where I was also the jazz bass Teaching Fellow 2011-13
BA in Music, Pacific Univ.
20 years teaching exp.
Adjunct Professor @ Pacifc Univ in Portland
Tanglehead is not a member of any public groups